It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:00 pm

[Solved] Media Player Skin always defaults to "stop" why?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
NovoNinja

Re: [Solved] Media Player Skin always defaults to "stop" why?

Post by NovoNinja »

balala wrote: July 28th, 2019, 9:20 pm Are you talking about the play / pause button? Because it does change, according to the status of the player:
Pause.pngPlay.png
What player are you using? Because the skin is set to work with Windows Media Player. If you're using another player, you have to set it accordingly in the @Resources\Variables.inc file. Replace the Player=WMP variable with the desired player name. Here is the list of the valid values for this variable: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/nowplaying/#playerlist
Yes, I changed it to use Spotify, but how to configure correctly?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

NovoNinja wrote: July 28th, 2019, 9:41 pm Yes, I changed it to use Spotify, but how to configure correctly?
Unfortunately there is nothing to configure, especially the Spotify is just a partially supported player, so you can't get the skin to properly work. As you can see in the Partially supported players section, the NowPlaying measures, for Player=Spotify:
Only the types Artist, Track and the bangs Play, PlayPause, Stop, Next, and Previous are available.
This means that the PlayerType=STATE option within the [MeasureStateButton] measure isn't accepted and doesn't work, so the measure always returns 0 and according to the Substitute option, always the Play.png is returned and shown by the [MeterPlayPause] meter.
Probably you have switch to another plugin, instead of using NowPlaying measures. A while ago a Spotify plugin was released, but if I'm not wrong this also was deprecated in the meantime. I'm not using Spotify (and definitely never will!), but probably someone here on the forum who does use it, will guide you what to do, to get it working. I believe an even newer plugin was also released, but I'm not sure.
Sorry I can't help more. :confused:
NovoNinja

Post by NovoNinja »

balala wrote: July 29th, 2019, 9:00 am Unfortunately there is nothing to configure, especially the Spotify is just a partially supported player, so you can't get the skin to properly work. As you can see in the Partially supported players section, the NowPlaying measures, for Player=Spotify:

This means that the PlayerType=STATE option within the [MeasureStateButton] measure isn't accepted and doesn't work, so the measure always returns 0 and according to the Substitute option, always the Play.png is returned and shown by the [MeterPlayPause] meter.
Probably you have switch to another plugin, instead of using NowPlaying measures. A while ago a Spotify plugin was released, but if I'm not wrong this also was deprecated in the meantime. I'm not using Spotify (and definitely never will!), but probably someone here on the forum who does use it, will guide you what to do, to get it working. I believe an even newer plugin was also released, but I'm not sure.
Sorry I can't help more. :confused:
Ok, thanks for the attention
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

NovoNinja wrote: July 29th, 2019, 3:10 pm Ok, thanks for the attention
For nothing. Hope someone who uses Spotify will come here to help you out with this.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Spotify keeps changing and the play/pause button I have will not change. Its a known bug so I gave up trying to do a work around.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

NovoNinja wrote: July 29th, 2019, 3:10 pm Ok, thanks for the attention
Maybe this might help: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=17077&p=159486&hilit=Spicetify#p159486
I'm not sure, but probably it worth a try.