It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:26 pm

Positioning skins on 2 different resolution displays

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kog

Positioning skins on 2 different resolution displays

Post by kog »

Hi all,

I use Rainmeter on a work laptop, what I normally dock in the office, so it connects to an external display with a resolution of 2560x1440. When not in the office, I use the laptop screen of course, its resolution is 1920x1080 - so every time when I resume Windows undocked, the skins show up "off the screen", or vice versa, moving towards the center when I load Windows using the big external screen.
Is there any way to fix this? I'd like to "pin" the skins to the top right corner of the screen, no matter what resolution I use.

Thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Positioning skins on 2 different resolution displays

Post by eclectic-tech »

kog wrote:Hi all,

I use Rainmeter on a work laptop, what I normally dock in the office, so it connects to an external display with a resolution of 2560x1440. When not in the office, I use the laptop screen of course, its resolution is 1920x1080 - so every time when I resume Windows undocked, the skins show up "off the screen", or vice versa, moving towards the center when I load Windows using the big external screen.
Is there any way to fix this? I'd like to "pin" the skins to the top right corner of the screen, no matter what resolution I use.

Thanks!
One solution would be to create 2 Layouts, positioning the skins for on each resolution, and save each with a unique name.

Then use the RainRez addon to control which Layout is loaded.
kog

Post by kog »

eclectic-tech wrote:One solution would be to create 2 Layouts, positioning the skins for on each resolution, and save each with a unique name.

Then use the RainRez addon to control which Layout is loaded.
Woohoo, thanks, indeed what I was looking for. Will test this for a couple of days. Thanks a mil!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Happy to help! :)