It is currently April 20th, 2024, 5:43 am

toggling visibility on a group of buttons

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fonpaolo

Re: toggling visibility on a group of buttons

Post by fonpaolo »

mukis wrote:it looks as perfect as everybody else's on deviantart. but it doesn't help me with my problem. I did take the time to watch you on DA, though. I hope to see more in the future.
My version of the launchers has the round button on the left (above the Bridge Control text) do exactly what you want: show and hide the buttons.
I'm using another completely different method to do that, that's the reason of the self promotion...

For the updates of my suite, I need at least one of these two impossible hopes come true:
- have a day of a minimum of 96 hours;
- all the Rainmeter development team has to take a couple of years of holidays and stop adding new cool features.
:sly:
In reality, I'm updating it very slowly, but I'm still doing it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mukis wrote:can an admin please close or remove this topic?
Why, if your skins still don't work correctly?
For further help, you should please pack the config(s) and upload the package. It'd be much easier to help if I'd have it.
mukis

Post by mukis »

Im giving up on the idea. Thats why i want to close the topic. It's not like what i'm doing is original anyway. Just variations of the exact same theme.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Before to give up, try with something maybe less complicated, modify, copy, collect various kind of skins and learn how they're build.
As you said, maybe they're variations on a theme, but you can use many ways to obtain what you want with Rainmeter.
After becoming acquainted with it, there's always something new you can add to make it "original".
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:Before to give up, try with something maybe less complicated, modify, copy, collect various kind of skins and learn how they're build.
As you said, maybe they're variations on a theme, but you can use many ways to obtain what you want with Rainmeter.
After becoming acquainted with it, there's always something new you can add to make it "original".
Totally agree with fonpaolo. Don't give up. Rainmeter is great if you keep working and you will have many satisfactions.
However, if you still want to give up, the topic won't be closed, many times later other user(s) will want to add something...
mukis

Post by mukis »

okay. so here is an image displaying the function I want to produce.
buttonbutton.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mukis on January 23rd, 2017, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

mukis wrote:,,, turns out I'm pioneering this. ...
If you post your rmskin, I am sure many of us can help you create a toggle menu...
If you do not want to share the package, it makes it very difficult to help. :-(
You'll just have to keep on pioneering. :sly:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:If you post your rmskin, I am sure many of us can help you create a toggle menu...
If you do not want to share the package, it makes it very difficult to help. :-(
As eclectic-tech also said mukis, you should pack your config(s) and upload the package. Otherwise we can't help.
mukis

Post by mukis »

ALL--
there is absolutely no difference between the configs or the various skins within the rmskin file from any of the others readily available on deviantart. I shouldn't have to pack it all together for you all to help me write a single command line within one skin. so please stop telling me to do that.
in other news, my idea was working fine in the test ini I wrote, but after adding the launchers it got wonky. so I'm going to hit up the docs for something similar and go from there.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Good luck! I actually think you will be best served in the long haul if you figure this out from here on your own. As has been stated, folks here are glad to help, but they won't work in the blind. Nothing says you have to upload code to ask a question, but when guys need to see your code to ensure they are steering you in the right direction, so they can test what they are going to propose, they just can't help if you don't want to do that. Still, up to you. No harm, no foul.