It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:08 am

Help altering Skin wallpaper

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Nero6121

Help altering Skin wallpaper

Post by Nero6121 »

Hey there,

So I'm a relative newbie to Rainmeter. I read the guides, followed the tutorial etc. So forgive me for the lack on lingo / calling things by different names

I downloaded some skins I liked and fiddled around with them. Right now I have a skin I really like and I decided to modify it. I contacted the creator but he hasn't been active on his account so I have no hope of him getting back to me. Basically its a World of Warcraft skin where you can select difference races / classes which then changes the background. It's really Neat. What it is lacking imo was customisation. For example You could click on Blood Elf and have a beautiful Blood Elf wallpaper, but if you clicked on Warrior it would be an Orc Warrior. What I have been trying to do is have it so when you select a Race (orc/ human/ blood elf etc.) and then select a class the wall paper would be unique to that race/class combo. I added extra PNG images into the File. I did manage to switch them around (changed some of the class images to ones I liked etc). However I cannot make a double select. Even though I can click on both a race and a class I cannot figure out how to link them. At best, all I have managed to do was the 'scroll over' function (click on a bloodelf and scrolling over a warrior = BE Warrior wallpaper) however as soon as I select warrior it goes back to the Orc warrior.

I can understand the basics of what I need to do, sort of. But I cannot find any good examples to copy / practice on and I am no where near skilled enough to attempt this on my own. And Yes I know these are two functions with one over riding the other, but one thing i noticed is that when you select a Race, and then a Class, the race button is still highlighted (as in selected) So I have been trying to use this to sort of link them. But like I said, the best I could do was scroll over.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about or has any good advice, please reply or PM me :)

PS. If there is a post with this question/answer feel free to show me. I did glance over them but I didn't see one that helped with my exact issue.

Kind regards,

N.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help altering Skin wallpaper

Post by balala »

Not really sure what are you talking about, but first please post the code you have so far, or even better, pack the config and upload it. If it's too large, upload to some file hosting (like FileFactory.com, or whatever you prefer) and post the link. It'd be much easier to understand what you would like to do.