It is currently April 26th, 2024, 6:39 pm

[Solved] Everything works, except for !Update...

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fonpaolo

Re: Everything works, except for !Update...

Post by fonpaolo »

It behaves as you've designed it...
When you click on the [meterWindowOn] image, you'll hide the first and show [meterWindowOff], only the last has the command to "Update" the [measuremail] misure, so, only it can do what you want, if you have [meterWindowOn] showed, there's nothing you can click to update.

As a side note an update of 60, if you're using only the code above is really too much.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AzeTheGreat wrote:On the [meterWindowOff] meter I have a leftMouseUpAction that should update the measureMail portion. The idea is I can click it to instantly update, which will be nice when I'm done testing and the update interval is much longer. That's the refresh click. This functions, however it stops working after I click of the [meterWindowOn] meter, I assume because I then force change the meters. I'm not sure why this would affect it though...
fonpaolo is (at least partially) right. Take into account the following: when the skin is loaded, the [measureMail] WebParser measure will return a number and according to its value, one of the [meterWindowOn] and [meterWindowOff] meters will be shown, the other will be hidden. If the [meterWindowOff] meter is shown, you can click to update the [measureMail] measure, but after this, could happen to, depending on the returned value, the [meterWindowOff] meter to became hidden. In this case you won't be able to click it, because it's not visible.
I don't know what would be the solution, because I can't see what would you like to achieve. Maybe add the same [!CommandMeasure "measureMail" "Update"] bang to the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [meterWindowOn] too?
fonpaolo wrote:As a side note an update of 60, if you're using only the code above is really too much.
fonpaolo, I think that's not too much, on the contrary, it's too little...
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:...
fonpaolo, I think that's not too much, on the contrary, it's too little...
Well, that's exactly what I was trying to say, maybe I said it improperly.
AzeTheGreat

Post by AzeTheGreat »

I think you guys are slightly misinterpreting what I'm trying to say. There are supposed to be two behaviors: When there is a notification ([meterWindowOn]) clicking should open up my reddit inbox. This works correctly, and how I want it to. Then, when there is currently no notification ([meterWindowOff]), clicking on that meter should "refresh" by checking the site again. Now, this function works only sometimes. If I load the skin when I have no messages it starts on meterWindowOff. If I receive a message, then click, it properly refreshes and switches to meterWindowOn. This continues to work as long as I never click on meterWindowOn. As soon as I click on meterWindowOn, the "refresh" component breaks; I have to let the skin update itself for it to keep working (which I changed to 1000, by the way). I was able to fix this by changing that line from:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction = [!CommandMeasure "measureMail" "Update"] 
to:

LeftMouseUpAction = [!Refresh]
Since it works I'm ok with it, but I can't help but feel that it's not optimal, and I would at least like to understand what's wrong with the other method.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

There is a problem with your last posted code: in the [measureSelectWindow] measure, the IfBelowValue / IfBelowAction option pair is ok, but the IfEqualValue don't has an IfEqualAction pair, respectively the IfAboveAction don't has an IfAboveValue pair. This is truly a problem, which could be fixed adding the appropriate options, if I'm not wrong, the following ones:

IfAboveValue=1
IfEqualAction=[!ShowMeter meterWindowOn][!HideMeter meterWindowOff]
Another possibility: replace the IfEqualValue=1 option with IfAboveValue=0.
The best (in my opinion) solution: replace the old IfBelowValue / IfBelowAction / (and so on) with the newer IfCondition:

[measureSelectWindow]
IfCondition=(measureSelectWindow=0)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter meterWindowOff][!HideMeter meterWindowOn]
IfFalseAction=[!ShowMeter meterWindowOn][!HideMeter meterWindowOff]
AzeTheGreat

Post by AzeTheGreat »

balala wrote:There is a problem with your last posted code: in the [measureSelectWindow] measure, the IfBelowValue / IfBelowAction option pair is ok, but the IfEqualValue don't has an IfEqualAction pair, respectively the IfAboveAction don't has an IfAboveValue pair. This is truly a problem, which could be fixed adding the appropriate options, if I'm not wrong, the following ones:

IfAboveValue=1
IfEqualAction=[!ShowMeter meterWindowOn][!HideMeter meterWindowOff]
Another possibility: replace the IfEqualValue=1 option with IfAboveValue=0.
The best (in my opinion) solution: replace the old IfBelowValue / IfBelowAction / (and so on) with the newer IfCondition:

[measureSelectWindow]
IfCondition=(measureSelectWindow=0)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter meterWindowOff][!HideMeter meterWindowOn]
IfFalseAction=[!ShowMeter meterWindowOn][!HideMeter meterWindowOff]
Ah thanks, you're right that that's cleaner. It doesn't fix the problem though...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

AzeTheGreat wrote:Ah thanks, you're right that that's cleaner. It doesn't fix the problem though...
I'd remove the [!ShowMeter meterWindowOff][!HideMeter meterWindowOn] bangs from the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [meterWindowOn] meter, because what image (button) you have to see (and the appropriate click action), should depend on the real number of the unread messages, not on where you've clicked.
AzeTheGreat

Post by AzeTheGreat »

balala wrote:I'd remove the [!ShowMeter meterWindowOff][!HideMeter meterWindowOn] bangs from the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [meterWindowOn] meter, because what image (button) you have to see (and the appropriate click action), should depend on the real number of the unread messages, not on where you've clicked.
I considered that, but clicking the button takes me to my unread messages, which means they'll all be read anyways. The problem is, the web check checks before I've loaded the page, so it stays on for another five minutes even though it should be off (unless I was to click it again). I just don't understand why that's breaking the refresh function...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

And if you add a [!CommandMeasure "measureMail" "Update"] bang to the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [meterWindowOn], besides the existing ["http://www.reddit.com/message/unread/"]?
AzeTheGreat

Post by AzeTheGreat »

balala wrote:And if you add a [!CommandMeasure "measureMail" "Update"] bang to the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [meterWindowOn], besides the existing ["http://www.reddit.com/message/unread/"]?
I could have sworn I tried that...

Oh well, thanks for your help!