It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:57 pm

Need help with visualizer

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Minkdebink

Need help with visualizer

Post by Minkdebink »

Im trying to align a visualizer with my wallpaper but so far no luck. i want to make a curved visualizer along the sword of genji but its not been working out for me. if someone can link me a guide or advise some other tool(i used visbubble,versa-visualizer,fountain of colors,monstercat visualizer)
thanks in advance
link:https://www.google.nl/search?q=overwatch+genji+wallpaper&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjonJOM5r_RAhVBDsAKHRqnBuYQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=pRVA7O0c4E7pqM%3A
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help with visualizer

Post by eclectic-tech »

I normally avoid layering images with visualizers, but I figured I would give you a starting point..

In order to do that, you need to divide the wallpaper into 2 images, and create 2 skin; the main background, set to bottom and click through and the sword cutout at the proper X,Y values to line up, also set as click through.
Main Background is the full image I downloaded from your link (res: 1920x1080)...
Here is the sword cutout image I created for you: (right-click and save)
wall1920b.png
And here is how it can look using FountainofColors with the settings shown:
wall1920set.png
First skin to show desktop image; I saved the image as 'wall1920.png' and placed it in the '@Resources' folder of your skin folder.
Background.ini (note that this skin is set to on the desktop)

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos -2][!Clickthrough 1]

; ========= Meters ==========

[MeterImageWalla]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#wall1920.png
You will need to create a second skin in a separate sub-folder, so both can be loaded at the same time.
I saved this image as 'wall1920b.png' again in the '@Resources' folder and saved this skin in 'wallb' sub-folder of your skin folder.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos 0][!Clickthrough 1]

; ========= Meters ==========

[MeterImageWallb]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=794
ImageName=#@#wall1920b.png
This second skin is set to normal so it does not cover any open windows.

Because it is set to click through, to refresh it, you need to hold down 'Ctrl' and right click this skin image, and select 'Refresh' in order to have it above FountainofColors bars.

Load FountainofColors, set the settings to your liking (example shows what I used) and position it with the middle bars just above the center of the sword.

As mentioned above, you may need to refresh the bottom sword image.

That's as far as I want to go with this... have fun!