It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:44 am

Is there a way to detect any and all open programs?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
AzeTheGreat

Is there a way to detect any and all open programs?

Post by AzeTheGreat »

I want to detect any open programs on my computer. I know I could use process, but then it seems like I'd have to make a list of all possible programs I could have opened, which seems inefficient and far from ideal. So, is this possible? Ideally, I'd even have a way for this to distinguish between visible and minimized programs, since if everything is minimized I'd be ok with it hiding until I start working again.

If you're wondering why I want this, I'm trying to make my taskbar autohide if I'm just looking at the desktop. The default Windows option isn't good enough for me because it remains hidden even if I have windows open, which I find ugly and slows down my work. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Other sources pointed me towards using EnumWindows: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633497(v=vs.85).aspx
I have no coding ability though, so we'll see how this goes...
Last edited by AzeTheGreat on January 14th, 2017, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
AzeTheGreat

Re: Is there a way to detect any and all open programs?

Post by AzeTheGreat »

Hey, thanks for the reply! When I click your second link I just get "Private message could not be found". Is it messed up?