It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:40 pm

"Escape" ActionTimer updates for slideshow measure

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Active Colors

"Escape" ActionTimer updates for slideshow measure

Post by Active Colors »

I have slideshow object which is image meter and it is linked to ActionTimer plugin measure. I use this plugin to animate the slideshow object when I hover it. And thus, when the plugin is activated, to perform an animation effect, it updates several times the image meter causing rapid "fastforward" of the slideshow. Here how it looks (click on spoiler to show):
1.gif
Here is my code.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=30

[Variables]
Y1=15

[ANI_MoveToY]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=| Repeat MoveToY, 15, 22 |
MoveToY=[!SetVariable Y1 "(Clamp((#Y1# - 6),-50,15))"][!UpdateMeasure ANI_MoveToY][!UpdateMeter ObjSlideShow][!Redraw]
ActionList2=| Repeat MoveToYback, 15, 22 |
MoveToYback=[!SetVariable Y1 "(Clamp((#Y1# + 10),-50,15))"][!UpdateMeasure ANI_MoveToY][!UpdateMeter ObjSlideShow][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MsrSlideShow]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuotePlugin
PathName="#SetSlidePathShow#"
FileFilter=#SetSlideFilefilter#
Subfolders=#SetSlideSubfolders#
UpdateDivider=2
DynamicVariables=1
Paused=0

[ObjSlideShow]
Meter=Image
Y=#Y1#
MeasureName=MsrSlideShow
UpdateDivider=40
MouseOverAction=[!CommandMeasure ANI_MoveToY "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure ANI_MoveToY "Execute 1"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure ANI_MoveToY"Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure ANI_MoveToY "Execute 2"]
I believe I miss something one small detail. But I cannot detect it. How can I keep the image meter updating on its usual pace?
Active Colors

Re: "Escape" ActionTimer updates for slideshow measure

Post by Active Colors »

I think I found my issue. It might be that UpdateDivider in the image meter is causing this. I might be wrong though, I will check it in depth.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Maybe I'm wrong... but... you use Update=30 and ActionTimer doesn't uses the default update.
From the Docs: "Executes a series of Rainmeter actions independent of the normal skin Update cycle." :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote:I have slideshow object which is image meter and it is linked to ActionTimer plugin measure. I use this plugin to animate the slideshow object when I hover it. And thus, when the plugin is activated, to perform an animation effect, it updates several times the image meter causing rapid "fastforward" of the slideshow. Here how it looks (click on spoiler to show):

Here is my code.
A few problems with your code:
  • As fonpaolo said, you don't have to use a such small Update value. The ActionTimer plugin is working very well with the default Update=1000.
  • In ActionList1 and ActionList2 options of the [ANI_MoveToY] measure you have some pipe characters (|). Remove them.
  • You've forgot the DynamicVariables=1 option from the [ObjSlideShow] meter. Without it, the meter won't use the dynamically set value of the Y1 variable.
  • In the MouseLeaveAction option of the [ObjSlideShow] meter, in the first bang ([!CommandMeasure [color=#FF0000]ANI_MoveToY"Stop 1'[/color]]) a space is missing. Add it: [!CommandMeasure [color=#FF0000]ANI_MoveToY "Stop 1"[/color]].
Fix all these problems and let us know if helped.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Since we're at it, sorry for the little derailment...
I admit I never used this plugin until now, I'm very interested but never found the time.
I'm thinking if it's possible to use only one measure and dynamically change the reference to an animation, using SetOption.
To be clear, mouse over a button (sort of), set ActionTimer to animate the corresponding button, mouse over another button, set the same ActionTimer measure to animate another button, and so on... :confused:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

balala wrote:As fonpaolo said, you don't have to use a such small Update value. The ActionTimer plugin is working very well with the default Update=1000.
I need this update for other purposes of my skin. But don't worry I will redistribute it with Update=1000 set as default value.
balala wrote:In ActionList1 and ActionList2 options of the [ANI_MoveToY] measure you have some pipe characters (|). Remove them.
Nope, that's not it.
balala wrote:You've forgot the DynamicVariables=1 option from the [ObjSlideShow] meter. Without it, the meter won't use the dynamically set value of the Y1 variable.
I have it there, I forgot to copy it here.
balala wrote:In the MouseLeaveAction option of the [ObjSlideShow] meter, in the first bang ([!CommandMeasure [color=#FF0000]ANI_MoveToY"Stop 1'[/color]]) a space is missing. Add it: [!CommandMeasure [color=#FF0000]ANI_MoveToY "Stop 1"[/color]].
Again, that's just a typo when I was copypasting my code.

I concluded that in my case it is illogical to have the image meter updating slower than the quote plugin, which means that the quote plugin reads more files than the image meter is actually showing. Thus, my question is kinda solved, it was from the beginning wrong. I set my topic as solved now. But you guys helped me actually get all this. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote:I need this update for other purposes of my skin.
Obviously in such cases you can keep the Update=30, just be sure it's needed. However I'm not sure I understood how would you like to
Active Colors wrote:redistribute it with Update=1000 set as default value.
if the Update=30 is required for other needs.
Active Colors wrote:I concluded that in my case it is illogical to have the image meter updating slower than the quote plugin, which means that the quote plugin reads more files than the image meter is actually showing. Thus, my question is kinda solved, it was from the beginning wrong. I set my topic as solved now. But you guys helped me actually get all this. ;-)
If you still have some issues, please pack and upload the whole config. It'd be much easier to help, if I'd have the entire code, not just part of it.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

balala wrote:Obviously in such cases you can keep the Update=30, just be sure it's needed. However I'm not sure I understood how would you like to

if the Update=30 is required for other needs.

If you still have some issues, please pack and upload the whole config. It'd be much easier to help, if I'd have the entire code, not just part of it.
This small update is needed only when lua animations are enabled. By default it is disabled and therefore the default value is 1 second.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Active Colors wrote:This small update is needed only when lua animations are enabled. By default it is disabled and therefore the default value is 1 second.
Why you don't use ActionTimer? :???:
edit: better to clarify, you're using a lua script for the animation and also ActionTimer, wouldn't be better only use the plugin?
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

fonpaolo wrote:Why you don't use ActionTimer? :???:
edit: better to clarify, you're using a lua script for the animation and also ActionTimer, wouldn't be better only use the plugin?
It is not possible to replicate bar functionality using ActionTimer plugin. And because I like animated visualisations I have to relay on lua where ActionTimer is powerless. By default my skin is set to use only ActionTimer plugin and in skin settings user can choose all-animations experience. Also it is possible to set mode without animations at all.