It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:03 am

Need help with animated buttons on hover

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Sunburst

Need help with animated buttons on hover

Post by Sunburst »

So I made some animations in after effects ( here is the zip file for the curious: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/8GaRV5hw/file.html )

And i want to make some custom animated buttons like in this short video I made in premiere https://gfycat.com/LavishConsiderateAxolotl

I followed this tutorial I found on the rainmeter websitehttps: //docs.rainmeter.net/tips/animated-gif-files/ but I only managed to do the simple gif, without the clickable button and the animation starting on hover and disapearing after

And I also stumbled upon this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/53pay4/pixel_art_desktop/ but I couldn't figure out how to make it
Last edited by Sunburst on December 28th, 2016, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help with animated buttons on hover

Post by balala »

Could you please convert those avi files to animated gifs?
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

balala wrote:Could you please convert those avi files to animated gifs?
You can use a simple online convertor for that

i'd do it in premiere but for some reason it keeps crashing :/
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sunburst wrote:You can use a simple online convertor for that
No, I can't. I tried, but each file is large enough to can't convert them with the free online convertors.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

balala wrote:No, I can't. I tried, but each file is large enough to can't convert them with the free online convertors.
What do you need them for ? I can encode them to have a smaller size but you'll need to sacrafice some quality due to the encoding
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sunburst wrote:What do you need them for ? I can encode them to have a smaller size but you'll need to sacrafice some quality due to the encoding
To create the appropriate Rainmeter skin or button (well it won't be exactly a button, but will act like a button).
Finally no matter if you create a smaller avi, an animated gif or a colage of still images, important would be to have them somehow. I can use an online tool to convert a smaller avi to animated gif or to extract the frames. The limit seems to be usually around 100 MB (at least on the tools I've tried).
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

balala wrote:To create the appropriate Rainmeter skin or button (well it won't be exactly a button, but will act like a button).
Finally no matter if you create a smaller avi, an animated gif or a colage of still images, important would be to have them somehow. I can use an online tool to convert a smaller avi to animated gif or to extract the frames. The limit seems to be usually around 100 MB (at least on the tools I've tried).
I have them as pngs
I tought you wanted them as an animated gif for your personal use , sorry for wasting your time :???:

Here:
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/9KHHe7EL/file.html
This is just one of them that I extracted yesterday
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sunburst wrote:I tought you wanted them as an animated gif for your personal use , sorry for wasting your time :???:
No, I just needed them, to create the skin. No problem, from my point of view.
So, attached you'll find a first version of the skin. I've added an almost transparent background, to can see where the skin is located. You'll see how is it working if you're hovering your mouse over it. I used just the first 26 frames (from frame00.png to frame26.png - I know you didn't have frame00.png, but I needed it, so I renamed the last image - frame50.png - to frame00.png).
Although this skin is working, a much better approach would be to use the ActionTimer plugin, instead of the extremely low Update value (here Update=25, which means that the skin is updated 40 times per second). Please let me know if you're interested, to can help.
Sunburst wrote:This is just one of them that I extracted yesterday
Similarly you can create the other buttons, using the frames of the other videos. If you won't be able to create them, let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sunburst

Post by Sunburst »

balala wrote:No, I just needed them, to create the skin. No problem, from my point of view.
So, attached you'll find a first version of the skin. I've added an almost transparent background, to can see where the skin is located. You'll see how is it working if you're hovering your mouse over it. I used just the first 26 frames (from frame00.png to frame26.png - I know you didn't have frame00.png, but I needed it, so I renamed the last image - frame50.png - to frame00.png).
Although this skin is working, a much better approach would be to use the ActionTimer plugin, instead of the extremely low Update value (here Update=25, which means that the skin is updated 40 times per second). Please let me know if you're interested, to can help.

Similarly you can create the other buttons, using the frames of the other videos. If you won't be able to create them, let me know.
Thank you so much ! http://giphy.com/gifs/752YROGWJPSMg

I'll edit it for my needs thank you again
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Glad to help.