It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:26 pm

Help with SunRiseSet

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
von__zeppelin

Re: Help with SunRiseSet

Post by von__zeppelin »

fonpaolo wrote:Ouch!
...my poor eyes. ;-)
...It's a very strong shade of green, it's almost fluorescent.

If you want it for the weather, I'll see if I can find some time to edit the color layer.
Yeah it is a rather strong shade of green lol. Here is the base layer for the wallpaper for my current theme http://imgur.com/QheR3Xd

And here is my battlestation area http://imgur.com/hapdg1h Which my place is like a studio apartment, so pretty much the majority of the walls are that color 8-) But in all fairness they were that color before I moved in...it was just destined to be haha
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Ok, here's the... ouch... green shade. ;-)
Copy the images in Avengers\@Resources\Images\AVWeather

Simply open the AV Weather.ini, find and change Color1=Orange with Color1=Green (at the beginning of the code, under [Variables]

Maybe, you also need to change the label and the location text color from white to black, to change:
- label text, find [MeterLabel] and add FontColor=0,0,0,255
- location text, find [MeterLocationName] and add FontColor=0,0,0,255
- humidity text, find [MeterHumidityNow] and add FontColor=0,0,0,255
- index UV text , find [MeterUVIndexNow] and add FontColor=0,0,0,255

Let me know if you've problems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

fonpaolo wrote:Edited previous post to add at least one image...

I said more complex, because depending on the time expected for sunrise and sunset, the little sun became moon, with moon phases.
@fonpaolo

Your moonphase functionality, does it show the moon location, or only the phase?

I have been playing with the OP code and tweaked it a bit for my own liking, however a full circle with the moon chasing the sun would be kaliedoscopic :bow:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
von__zeppelin

Post by von__zeppelin »

fonpaolo wrote:Ok, here's the... ouch... green shade. ;-)
You're awesome! Can't wait to give it try! Thanks!
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Mor3bane wrote:@fonpaolo

Your moonphase functionality, does it show the moon location, or only the phase?

I have been playing with the OP code and tweaked it a bit for my own liking, however a full circle with the moon chasing the sun would be kaliedoscopic :bow:
Well, actually you have the moon changing slowly to sun on sunrise and vice versa on sunset, all in the 180 degrees who is also subdivided in 24 hours.
Using the data from Weather.com, you have also the moon phases, so, it will show the current moon phase.

P.S. don't expect something too sophisticated... I like to do things differently, but I'm not a great genius...
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

von__zeppelin wrote:You're awesome! Can't wait to give it try! Thanks!
You're welcome, let me know if you've problems.

edit: looking at the skin, I forgot that maybe you also want to change the pressure text.
- find TxtColor1 (at the beginning of the code, under [Variables] and change TxtColor1=255,130,0,255 to TxtColor1=100,251,0,255
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

fonpaolo wrote:Well, actually you have the moon changing slowly to sun on sunrise and vice versa on sunset, all in the 180 degrees who is also subdivided in 24 hours.
Using the data from Weather.com, you have also the moon phases, so, it will show the current moon phase.

P.S. don't expect something too sophisticated... I like to do things differently, but I'm not a great genius...
@fanpaolo
I mispresented what I was hinting at - sorry. What I meant was is there a weather parse for the position of the moon - not just the phase?

I googled moon position and got a really detailed spreadsheet relevant to the fortnight past and to come. Unfortunately - even though I love any kind of coding I can figure out - I am not extremely quick to pick up the more elegant tricks. That said, once I do, I'm all over the proverbial "it" :bow:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Mor3bane wrote:@fanpaolo
I mispresented what I was hinting at - sorry. What I meant was is there a weather parse for the position of the moon - not just the phase?
No, I already thought you were saying something related to moon position, and since my skin only displays the moon in that half circle, I only described what it's doing.
von__zeppelin

Post by von__zeppelin »

fonpaolo wrote:Ok, here's the... ouch... green shade. ;-) Let me know if you've problems.
Worked like a charm! Here's the finished product!
Untitled.png
I'm loviong it a lot! Maybe if I get confident enough I might try to enlarge the skin a bit :)
(any suggestions? Or will it be a pain for a noob such as myself?)

P.S. Had to throw a tribute to everyone's favorite princess in the screenshot....such a sad and dark day :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Well, von__zeppelin, now that I see it, it's not so bad that shade of green, maybe because your desktop is darker than mine.

Only a side note, I don't see the pressure bar, only the numeric part...
I think to have found the problem, I forgot the conversion from mb. to in. in the measure... :oops:
To avoid the problem, do you know the minimum and maximum pressure?
I don't know if there are some variations and where to find them.

This year was, is and I think will be remembered as the worse (at least in my whole my life), too much bad news, missed too much people, personally and in general. :thumbdown: