It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:48 pm

Plugin: Unable to load "NowPlaying" (error 126)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
untuned

Re: Plugin: Unable to load "NowPlaying" (error 126)

Post by untuned »

balala wrote:-snip-
I do actually have a weather skin and it works fine. Shows the weather from weather.com just fine.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

untuned wrote:I do actually have a weather skin and it works fine. Shows the weather from weather.com just fine.
This means that the WebParser plugin is working well. I'm not sure what I could recommend, maybe try to uninstall Rainmeter, then install it again. However I'm not sure at all this will help. Sorry...
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Maybe I'm wrong, however, I looked at the code and, for me, there's something I don't understand in how it's designed.

The creator is using a measure to detect what kind of plugin must be used, but then he uses NowPlaying as media player... :confused:

Other than that, I use one main measure and all the others children of the first to display all the informations, not use every measure as it's a main measure, but, probably, it's my way of coding...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, however, I looked at the code and, for me, there's something I don't understand in how it's designed.

The creator is using a measure to detect what kind of plugin must be used, but then he uses NowPlaying as media player... :confused:

Other than that, I use one main measure and all the others children of the first to display all the informations, not use every measure as it's a main measure, but, probably, it's my way of coding...
I didn't download so far the mentioned skin (I hope I'm right when I downloaded the Radian Linear Visualizer 1.9.3 skin from http://freezingclouds.deviantart.com/art/Radian-Linear-Visualizer-1-9-3-535341307), but now I did and fonpaolo, you're completely right. The skin indeed has a very - very weird structure, however I'm not sure if this could cause a such error.
If the skin is right and untuned really talks about the Radian Linear Visualizer 1.9.3 skin, here are some things which could be tried out:
fonpaolo's approach about the parent - child measures is perfectly ok, this is the best approach when you're working with the NowPlaying plugin. So, the [MeasurePlayer] measure should be the parent measure and all other NowPlaying plugin measures should be the child measures. To achieve this, replace the Plugin and PlayerName options of the [MeasureTrack], [MeasureArtist], [MeasureCover], [MeasureProgress], [MeasurePosition], [MeasureLength] and [MeasurePlayPause] measures with these ones:

Code: Select all

Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer]
instead of the initially existing

Code: Select all

Plugin=[MeasureMediaPlayer]
PlayerName=#PlayerName#
Further problems:
  • Open the Radian\@Resources\Linear\LinearVariables.inc file and replace the value of the PlayerName variable with the appropriate name from this list.
  • The [Radian\LinearVisualizer] section is totally wrong in the code of the skin. A such section belongs to the Rainmeter.ini, not to the skin itself. Remove it.
  • The [MeasureMediaPlayer] measure seems completely useless after all these changes. I'd completely remove it.
  • The code uses the @include option three times: once in the [Variables] section, once in the [HeightMea] measure and finally once in the [Bars] section. In such cases only the first one will work, the others are ignored. Replace the second and third @include with @includeHeightMea respectively @includeBars (or obviously you can find other names, important is to not use the same name more times). If you do so, all of them will work, because now they are different options.
And I could continue, but will stop now.
All these being said, I'd suggest untuned, to download and try another skin, because this one is completely messed up.