Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=YOUR_IMAGE_URL
Download=1
DownloadFile=1.png
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Radar
Disabled=1
Have a look at that code I posted. https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=126154#p126154
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather SKIN REQUEST

Post by balala »

vHAPpY wrote:but the cycle play backwards LOL
mak_kawa's solution is one possibility, but here is another one: replace the Formula option of the [MeasureTimer] measure with the following one: Formula=(( #Img0# + #Img1# + #Img2# + #Img3# + #Img4# + #Img5# + #Img6# + #Img7# + #Img8# + #Img9# ) - ( COUNT % ( #Img0# + #Img1# + #Img2# + #Img3# + #Img4# + #Img5# + #Img6# + #Img7# + #Img8# + #Img9# )) - 1 ). The initial formula gave the number in ascending order, with this modification, they will come in descending order.
vHAPpY wrote:and suggesting that if possible for a directory where the images will be downloaded so that it will not based on web internet?
Beside FreeRaider's reply, you have to know that by default the images are downloaded to the c:\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Rainmeter-Cache\ folder. Nonetheless, you can use a subfolder of the DownloadFile folder, created into your config (in your case the MyFirstSkin) and specify it as place where the images are downloaded. For this add to each of the [MeasureImage0] - [MeasureImage9] measures, a such option: DownloadFile=Images\Img0.jpg - DownloadFile=Images\Img9.jpg (respectively). Details: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/webparser/#DownloadFile
Anyway no matter where the images are downloaded, the skin will use the downloaded images, there's no problem with this. The images do "not depend on the internet connection", after they are downloaded.
vHAPpY wrote:I'm confused about this one. is it really MaterDates or MeterDates? Just asking
As mak_kawa said, this indeed again was a typo of mine. Not first and, I hope, not last time. Sorry...
So, [MaterDates] indeed should be [MeterDates].
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

balala, you are the god of formula... What a low-level one my solution is!! :-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:What a low-level one my solution is!! :-)
No, it's not! Many times, more users see the same questions differently. Usually none solution isn't better or worse than the others. In fact, your approach and mine was almost the same: you changed the order numbers associated with the images and kept the order in which the images was shown, I changed this order, but kept the original numbers associated with the downloaded images. Not a big difference.
vHAPpY

Post by vHAPpY »

thanks to all who help me :D its now working fine. can you please add some suggestions for it to be good and also others can update their weather too what i mean is about there's a setting to be set so that it will display your place country sat imagery if possible
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vHAPpY wrote:thanks to all who help me :D its now working fine.
I'm not sure about this. Maybe it's working well, but on the indicated site are a plenty of images, the code actually downloads just 10 of them. I wrote it just to have a confirmation that it's working and this is what you need, but now I think you (we) should extend the code, to have more images. However I suppose all of them can't be used, because there are so many, that I don't think Rainmeter could handle a such large number of images, but anyway a bit more could be.
vHAPpY wrote:can you please add some suggestions for it to be good and also others can update their weather too what i mean is about there's a setting to be set so that it will display your place country sat imagery if possible
Where is that setting? And what you mean by "to be good"? Not sure...
vHAPpY

Post by vHAPpY »

balala wrote:I'm not sure about this. Maybe it's working well, but on the indicated site are a plenty of images, the code actually downloads just 10 of them. I wrote it just to have a confirmation that it's working and this is what you need, but now I think you (we) should extend the code, to have more images. However I suppose all of them can't be used, because there are so many, that I don't think Rainmeter could handle a such large number of images, but anyway a bit more could be.
Extend the code please so that's there's too many images to be cycled

I mean like the spyhnx animated weather map there's a setting there about the area code i guess or country so that others if they want an animated weather imagery skin like this they can change it not just this PH shown

sorry for my bad english :(
balala wrote:Where is that setting? And what you mean by "to be good"? Not sure...
I mean improve
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

vHAPpY wrote:Extend the code please so that's there's too many images to be cycled
Would you like me to add the needed sections?
vHAPpY wrote:I mean like the spyhnx animated weather map there's a setting there about the area code i guess or country so that others if they want an animated weather imagery skin like this they can change it not just this PH shown
As I see this, the needed URL depends on the place (if I'm not wrong). In such cases is very difficult to create a generally working skin, because the URL (and in this case maybe even the RegExp) option(s) of the parent WebParser measure should be adapted from case to case.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:As I see this, the needed URL depends on the place (if I'm not wrong). In such cases is very difficult to create a generally working skin, because the URL (and in this case maybe even the RegExp) option(s) of the parent WebParser measure should be adapted from case to case.
The problem is not only to adapt the measures for every location, but, as I already experienced, you can't be really sure that this site (or any else) could cover the whole world, maybe with less accuracy, in the best case, in no way, in the worst.
vHAPpY

Post by vHAPpY »

I see . Thank you very much to all who help me with this . Much appreciated :welcome:
Last edited by vHAPpY on December 5th, 2016, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.