It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:40 am

Virtual Desktops and Scrolling Meters

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
apu889

Re: Virtual Desktops and Scrolling Meters

Post by apu889 »

balala wrote:I'm not entirely sure I understood the problem: if you want to hide the lyrics, what should be auto scrolled?
So, technically i have 2 meters. they both contain the lyrics text. But, i'm just use one meter [MeterLyric] to display the lyrics on skin, and the other one [MeterM] was just to measure the height of displayed lyrics - to fill the "Offset" variable to calculate [cCounter] and able to autoscroll the lyrics on [MeterLyric].
so that's why i try to hide the [MeterM] and using [MeterLyric] to show the lyrics.

sounds confusing right? :p thats why im willing to ask if there's another neat method
balala wrote: As far as I understood, quickly two methods come to my mind:
  • Right click the skin, go to Settings and uncheck the "Keep on screen" option. This way you'll be able to move the skin anywhere, even if it partially or totally goes outside of the screen.
  • Set a proper width and height for the skin, using the SkinWidth and SkinHeight options, within the [Rainmeter] section.
Does any of these methods help?
alright i'm gonna try some other things and read the documents deeply, i'm not diving the docs too much further lately :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Virtual Desktops and Scrolling Meters

Post by balala »

apu889 wrote:So, technically i have 2 meters. they both contain the lyrics text. But, i'm just use one meter [MeterLyric] to display the lyrics on skin, and the other one [MeterM] was just to measure the height of displayed lyrics - to fill the "Offset" variable to calculate [cCounter] and able to autoscroll the lyrics on [MeterLyric].
so that's why i try to hide the [MeterM] and using [MeterLyric] to show the lyrics.
I think in this case, the only method is to uncheck the "Keep on screen" setting, because the invisible meter always have to be shown, even if it's invisible