It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:21 am

Why Wont Audio Visualizers Work For MEEEE

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
KMSRN

Why Wont Audio Visualizers Work For MEEEE

Post by KMSRN »

Just got a new pc, trying to set it up like my last with rainmeter. And with technology doing what it does best, something isn't working. No matter what I try, I cannot get any audio visualizers to work. I am using Spotify. I tried about 20 different visualizers. So, I can get the "Now playing" music display and controls to work. But any visualizer skin I try just sits as if no audio is playing. I set them up exactly as my last pc. I have no idea why they are suddenly not working. I am on windows 10 64-bit Pro. If someone has time, I need some assistance troubleshooting to get my beautiful desktop back.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Why Wont Audio Visualizers Work For MEEEE

Post by eclectic-tech »

This AudioLevel Checklist might help.
Novadestin

Post by Novadestin »

It may be "too easy to be right", but did you see if Rainmeter is muted in the volume mixer?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Novadestin wrote:It may be "too easy to be right", but did you see if Rainmeter is muted in the volume mixer?
That's #4 in the checklist...
AudioLevel Checklist wrote:...
4. The bars might not react with a low volume level of master. Check the volume mixer setting and see if master sound is not set to a low volume. If you have it low then push the volume up (higher than 50%) and see if your visualizer starts to react.
But, you are right that it should explain that there will probably be multiple volume controls; System Volume, Rainmeter Volume, Sounds Volume, Active Media Player Volume, etc.
Novadestin

Post by Novadestin »

eclectic-tech wrote:That's #4 in the checklist...
But, you are right that it should explain that there will probably be multiple volume controls; System Volume, Rainmeter Volume, Sounds Volume, Active Media Player Volume, etc.
I guess I wasn't paying close attention on that one :P It seems I got the low volume part, but didn't register all the details lol :oops: But, yeah, if there are multiple places to check, it should point that out clearly.

Either way, I saw this on the Rainmeter forum on Reddit and thought it might be helpful since the OP mentioned Spotify: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/52pmcd/spotify_plugin_has_been_updated_seems_to_fix/
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yeah, keeping your Spotify plugin updated is essential... Spotify changes there code daily, right? ;-)
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

The AudioLevel stuff works at a lower level than Spotify, so that plugin may not make much difference. It's likely a device config / WASAPI / volume muting thing. The checklist is your best bet.

dave