It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:20 pm

Help with glorious game launcher

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
skyborg

Help with glorious game launcher

Post by skyborg »

Hi,

I am trying to edit the launcher but I don't really know if it's even possible what I'm trying to do. I would like to edit it in such a way that when I hover over the game's name and it displays the wallpaper, to hide the other skins or some of them as it ruin's the wallpaper. I am wondering if it is possible to make a skin dissapear with the actions of another skin, not modifying directly. Second, but not that important, which also I think I can make it work myself after some searching, I don't reallly like the "PCMasterRace" logo displaying whenever I click the desktop. I hope you get what I am trying to say.

Thank you.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help with glorious game launcher

Post by jsmorley »

Dunno what Glorious Game Launcher is... Do you have a link to something?
skyborg

Post by skyborg »

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

While I'm not going to dig into that big suite, I can give some high-level advice.

If you find the MouseOverAction options on the links that cause the wallpaper(s) to appear, you can add a bang to those which can make transparent or hide other skins. To do that, you will need to add Group=Something to each of the "other" skins. You can add that in the [Rainmeter] section of each skin.

Then use [!HideGroup Something] to hide those skins in that MouseOverAction.

Be sure to also find the MouseLeaveAction which will be on the same meters. To that, add [!ShowGroup Something] to show the skins you hid before.

"Something" is just a name to give your group, it can be anything you want.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/groups/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#ShowHideToggleGroup
skyborg

Post by skyborg »

Thank you very much for your help, now it looks exactly how I wanted. Will come back with a post in the "Creations" category !
mike_steel

Post by mike_steel »

Can u pls elaborate the process.... I'm an amateur here...thnx in advance
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mike_steel wrote:Can u pls elaborate the process....
Not sure what you mean by "elaborate the process". Could you be more precise what would you like?
mike_steel

Post by mike_steel »

the notepad editing stuff...I am so confused on what to add to which skin...
fyi..I have a hud circle that I wud like to hide when I hover on my game name which previews the game wallpaper
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mike_steel wrote:the notepad editing stuff...I am so confused on what to add to which skin...
fyi..I have a hud circle that I wud like to hide when I hover on my game name which previews the game wallpaper
I suppose we're still talking about the Glorious Launcher package, right?
If so, load the launcher (probably already done), right click it, then click --- LXX Settings --- (where XX is the appropriate number). This will open the LauncherVariablesXX file, which has to be edited. You have there detailed description of what and how to edit. Read those descriptions and follow them.
Neither me don't use this package, so practically I'm not too familiar with it, but if you can't get it working well neither after following the description, please come back with the specific question you have.
mike_steel

Post by mike_steel »

well....I'm trying to say that when I hover onto a game name...the wallpaper appears which I set for that game specifically..but also does the other skins..pls temme exactly on what shud I do to temporarily hide desired skins when I hover my cursor onto a game name and return em back when the cursor is moved over...a dude before said some stuff abt adding hide group or show group or watever..im having a prob on where to put em in the notepad...adn yes I'm talking abt glorious game launcher...