It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:23 am

Rainmeter 4: how to show all cores plus HT?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
anbr07

Re: Rainmeter 4: how to show all cores plus HT?

Post by anbr07 »

Now the font is much to large. I couldn't figure, where to set a smaller value. Sinde i removed the word "Core", the numbers slipped to the middle. If it is possible, it would be better to have it on the upper left corners with half the size. Another important thing would be the height. It should be only the half, even if the graphs would look flatter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:Now Another important thing would be the height. It should be only the half, even if the graphs would look flatter.
Let's start with this request: replace the value of the H (and perhaps W too) option of the [LineStyle] section with the needed value: to make the height of the meters half from the initial height, replace it with H=20 (just mention I don't like how they look like, but this depends on you). Modifying the W value will modify the width of those meters (every time you modify something, don't forget to refresh the skin).
anbr07 wrote:Now the font is much to large. I couldn't figure, where to set a smaller value. Sinde i removed the word "Core", the numbers slipped to the middle. If it is possible, it would be better to have it on the upper left corners with half the size.
For the size of the font, modify the FontSize value in the [LabelStyle] section. For aligning them, you'll have to modify the X, Y and StringAlign options. So, replace the StringAlign=CENTERCENTER option of the [LabelStyle] section with the simpler StringAlign=RIGHT, then replace the X and Y options of the [MeterCore1Label] - [MeterCore8Label] meters, with the followings:

Code: Select all

[MeterCore1Label]
X=([MeterCore1:X]+[MeterCore1:W])
Y=[MeterCore1:Y]

[MeterCore2Label]
X=([MeterCore2:X]+[MeterCore2:W])
Y=[MeterCore2:Y]

[MeterCore3Label]
X=([MeterCore3:X]+[MeterCore3:W])
Y=[MeterCore3:Y]

[MeterCore4Label]
X=([MeterCore4:X]+[MeterCore4:W])
Y=[MeterCore4:Y]

[MeterCore5Label]
X=([MeterCore5:X]+[MeterCore5:W])
Y=[MeterCore5:Y]

[MeterCore6Label]
X=([MeterCore6:X]+[MeterCore6:W])
Y=[MeterCore6:Y]

[MeterCore7Label]
X=([MeterCore7:X]+[MeterCore7:W])
Y=[MeterCore7:Y]

[MeterCore8Label]
X=([MeterCore8:X]+[MeterCore8:W])
Y=[MeterCore8:Y]
(leave all other options as they was).
Once again, don't forget to refresh.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Great, thanks. Only, for some reason the numbers are gone now. But i pasted the new settings, of course. Would it be possible, to have the first four original cores at the left, and the four HT cores at the right? I guess, that's a matter of rearranging some lines. As for the vanished number, that's not much of a problem. :thumbup:
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Except for the cores arrangment, i have now exactly, what i wanted. Thanks a lot!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:Except for the cores arrangment, i have now exactly, what i wanted.
How would you like to arrange them?
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Like i said, almost perfect! The physical cores 1-4 at the left, the Hyperthreading cores 5-6 at the right. I have already found and changed some othe details, so that "RAM usage" is fitted right under the graphs.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:The physical cores 1-4 at the left, the Hyperthreading cores 5-6 at the right.
Just replace the X and Y options of the [MeterCore1] - [MeterCore8] meters, as it follows:

Code: Select all

[MeterCore1]
X=12
Y=30

[MeterCore2]
X=0r
Y=6R

[MeterCore3]
X=0r
Y=6R

[MeterCore4]
X=0r
Y=6R

[MeterCore5]
X=6R
Y=30

[MeterCore6]
X=0r
Y=6R

[MeterCore7]
X=0r
Y=6R

[MeterCore8]
X=0r
Y=6R
If you do so, the numbers will follow the appropriate line meters.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Yes, perfect. Thanks. I have yet another question. Can i use the very same code for "System" for other computers, having only two cores, or two cores plus HT, without having to change all code? I suppose, that non-existing cores won't be taken into account, so i can just use this code? :welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

anbr07 wrote:Can i use the very same code for "System" for other computers, having only two cores, or two cores plus HT, without having to change all code? I suppose, that non-existing cores won't be taken into account, so i can just use this code? :welcome:
You'll have to remove the [MeasureCPU3] - [MeasureCPU8] measures and the appropriate meters: [MeterCore3Label] - [MeterCore8Label], respectively [MeterCore3] - [MeterCore8] (and maybe rearrange the remaining meters).
But there could be a better solution. You could determine the number of cores and automatically hide the unneeded meters. A bit later I'll post this solution.
anbr07

Post by anbr07 »

Sounds good. I will check it later, many thanks again!