It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:31 am

Restarted PC and now Player isn't working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
iiFlux

Re: Restarted PC and now Player isn't working?

Post by iiFlux »

jsmorley wrote:I don't know if you have, but I would be tempted to do a complete, cold shutdown of your PC and then start it. You want to be sure your hardware is fully reset.
Also downloaded MusicBee and set the variable file equal to CAD. Still nothing - suggests it's not the media player?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

iiFlux wrote:Also downloaded MusicBee and set the variable file equal to CAD. Still nothing - suggests it's not the media player?
Did you activate CAD in MusicBee?
MBcdartEnable.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iiFlux

Post by iiFlux »

eclectic-tech wrote:Did you activate CAD in MusicBee?
MBcdartEnable.png
Yeah.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

So, if I understood everything well, now the skin is not working neither with WMP, neither with MusicBee, right? If so, are you sure you didn't remove accidentally the NowPlaying plugin? To check, right click to the Rainmeter notification area icon, then to About. Click to Plugins tab and check the list of the available plugins. Is there the NowPlaying plugin? Which version?
iiFlux

Post by iiFlux »

balala wrote:So, if I understood everything well, now the skin is not working neither with WMP, neither with MusicBee, right? If so, are you sure you didn't remove accidentally the NowPlaying plugin? To check, right click to the Rainmeter notification area icon, then to About. Click to Plugins tab and check the list of the available plugins. Is there the NowPlaying plugin? Which version?
Version 1.1.5.0 is there.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

:o :confused: :o
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

iiFlux wrote:Version 1.1.5.0 is there.
I agree with balala, you have an unusual situation, and the answer has to be something in your setup or system, since the skins work for him and me... did you do a complete shutdown/cold restart as suggested?

If so, it might help if you tell us your operating system version and type, and what version of Rainmeter you are using?

My reasoning: NowPlaying was 'internalized' in the beta version and will not show in the plugin list... :)

EDIT: Are you sure the variables file is 'variables.inc', because you referenced it as 'variables.ini' and that would cause the skin not to work. Make sure you have '@include=#@#variables.inc' in [Variables] section of the player.ini, and that the file in @Resources is named 'variables.inc'.
iiFlux

Post by iiFlux »

eclectic-tech wrote:I agree with balala, you have an unusual situation, and the answer has to be something in your setup or system, since the skins work for him and me... did you do a complete shutdown/cold restart as suggested?

If so, it might help if you tell us your operating system version and type, and what version of Rainmeter you are using?

My reasoning: NowPlaying was 'internalized' in the beta version and will not show in the plugin list... :)
I downloaded Rainmeter 4.0 first, and it worked.
Then I restarted PC and it broke.
So later I uninstalled Rainmeter and installed the final release (not beta)
And yes I've done a cold shutdown.
Windows 10.
iiFlux

Post by iiFlux »

eclectic-tech wrote:I agree with balala, you have an unusual situation, and the answer has to be something in your setup or system, since the skins work for him and me... did you do a complete shutdown/cold restart as suggested?

EDIT: Are you sure the variables file is 'variables.inc', because you referenced it as 'variables.ini' and that would cause the skin not to work. Make sure you have '@include=#@#variables.inc' in [Variables] section of the player.ini, and that the file in @Resources is named 'variables.inc'.
And yeah it's all "variables.inc"
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

iiFlux wrote:Then I restarted PC and it broke.
I can't imagine what's happened when you restarted your PC. Weird, very weird...
Check some other plugins, to see if they are working. WebParser, for example.