It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:26 am

How to properly Center a Skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to properly Center a Skin?

Post by balala »

ThePocketGamer wrote:I'm either way too inexperienced or its not working (99,9% on me xd).
It's shakey and not centered for me.

Animated Screenshot:
https://i.gyazo.com/8243c20df63dab70e42855b3fecaeb0e.mp4

Here is what I used from your solution:

Code: Select all

[MeasurePlayer]
Measure=NowPlaying
;PlayerName=ADD-THE-USED-PLAYER-HERE
;PlayerType=TITLE
OnUpdateAction=[!Move "((#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#)/2)" 810"]
DynamicVariables=1
And thats the full code(added because it might be useful, not sure though):
Not very easy, because the skin is weird enough. There are a lot of thing which I can't understand why have been written. :17what
Anyway, try the followings: first the width of the skin changes in steps. It is quantified, if I can say so. First we need to remove this. I don't know if on longer term this would have any negative results, but maybe it worth a try. So, first make a backup of the Cleartext.ini and the base.ini (this last file is in the @Resources folder), just in case if something will go wrong.
Then remove (or comment out) the W and H options of the [Background] meter, within the Cleartext.ini.
Finally add the following measure to the base.ini:

Code: Select all

[Measure]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1
OnUpdateAction=[!Move "((#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-#CURRENTCONFIGWIDTH#)/2)" "810"]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=3
ThePocketGamer

Post by ThePocketGamer »

balala wrote:Not very easy, because the skin is weird enough. There are a lot of thing which I can't understand why have been written.
Thanks alot :17good Just as I wanted it to be. :thumbup:

I just still have the stutters like in the animated screenshot I've linked before... those don't make any sence to me. It's like after every repositioning, the skin moves itself 1px further and gets moved back again to fit the center again in loop... but they occour randomly :? ...

... Again thanks alot for your kind help, appreciate it!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ThePocketGamer wrote:Thanks alot :17good Just as I wanted it to be. :thumbup:
I'm glad.
ThePocketGamer wrote:I just still have the stutters like in the animated screenshot I've linked before... those don't make any sence to me. It's like after every repositioning, the skin moves itself 1px further and gets moved back again to fit the center again in loop... but they occour randomly :? ...
Right now I can't, because I spend my holiday, but if no one will, next week I'll take a look, to try to help with this too.
ThePocketGamer

Post by ThePocketGamer »

balala wrote:Right now I can't, because I spend my holiday, but if no one will, next week I'll take a look, to try to help with this too.
Hope you had great holidays :bow: ...

sooo, as I told you before, the skin randomly wiggles all the time on different songs(gif attached), I don't know what causes it or how to fix it.