It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:35 am

Weather not working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
electronicsguy

Re: Weather not working?

Post by electronicsguy »

for me too, it keeps going on and off. however, please check the details. Even when it does work, it seems to return outdated information,. esp. for "current temperature" (at least for a few American cities that I checked)
brinkeguthrie

Post by brinkeguthrie »

still not working. rrrr
locke94

Post by locke94 »

Any solutions guys?
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=122220#p122220

EDIT: but...this yahoo weather feed is something strange, not reliable at several items for me. Of course, this is not rainmeter bug.
LokiMofo

Post by LokiMofo »

Any idea if they are going to update the Enigma file? I looked all over in the settings and don't know what I am doing. I love this layout and don't want to loose it. Tried installing latest over again and still no weather.

Loki
electronicsguy

Post by electronicsguy »

LokiMofo wrote:Any idea if they are going to update the Enigma file? I looked all over in the settings and don't know what I am doing. I love this layout and don't want to loose it. Tried installing latest over again and still no weather.

Loki
what's the enigma file?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

LokiMofo wrote:Any idea if they are going to update the Enigma file? I looked all over in the settings and don't know what I am doing. I love this layout and don't want to loose it. Tried installing latest over again and still no weather.

Loki
Follow the 2 links in this post...

The first link describes what change you need to make to the code, and the second link tells you which file contains the code you need to modify.

It is a simple change, but with Enigma, the problem is finding where the code is located!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Follow the 2 links in this post...

The first link describes what change you need to make to the code, and the second link tells you which file contains the code you need to modify.

It is a simple change, but with Enigma, the problem is finding where the code is located!
It's gotten worse than that though. The XML feed for Yahoo is now almost entirely unreliable as well. There isn't any real simple solution, but I think folks are going to have to migrate away from trying to use Yahoo Weather entirely. The company is clearly in its death-throes, and right now just flailing around like a wounded animal. They will soon be bought by some slash-and-burn corporate raider, and I expect things to only get worse before the inevitable end of Yahoo as a brand.

At this point we are complaining that lunch is late on the Titanic...

People might want to look at this skin:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22152

Not that it is the world's best weather skin, nor that is is likely to be exactly what folks are looking for as a replacement for what they have, but it does have one strength as a resource. It has the regular expressions needed for the ENTIRE Weather.com feed, separated into bite-sized chunks so you can use as little or as much of it as you need for your skin.

The best advice I can give at this point is to get that skin, and take a look at how the main skin .ini file uses the regular expressions in the WXDataWeatherRegExp.inc include file in @Resources. While it won't be a simple plug-and-play to change your current Yahoo Weather skin to use it, it can be done.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

At this point we are complaining that lunch is late on the Titanic...
:rofl:
It seems like a good time to head toward any available lifeboats... O.O
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

So I finally modified a weather skin as it takes informaion from wxdata.weather.com but current weather code/text from query.yahooapis.com. It is just like a chimera. :)