It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:48 am

Weather not working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weather not working?

Post by jsmorley »

TallShultzy wrote:Restarting Rainmeter worked but I've been able to recreate the problem by rolling the mouse wheel when over the skin (which is what I did the first time).
You might be careful when you roll the wheel over the skin (which refreshes it) that you only do one "scroll", one click of the wheel as it were. If you refresh a WebParser skin repeatedly really quickly, you can hang WebParser.

The other thing you can do if you want is to edit the .ini file and remove or comment-out this line:

MouseScrollDownAction=[!Refresh #CURRENTCONFIG#]

Maybe I should just remove that. I have always used it on my skins as I'm lazy and it saves a click to not have to use the context menu to refresh, but I can see where this might be a bit of a "gotcha".

WebParser is really the only function in all of Rainmeter that has this issue, and we can't seem to stomp it out.
TallShultzy

Post by TallShultzy »

Thanks. I didn't click the mouse wheel just rolled it. I spotted MouseScrollDownAction=[!Refresh #CURRENTCONFIG#] and wondered what it did, and now I know!! Commenting out the line fixes the problem.
red.razr

Post by red.razr »

eclectic-tech wrote: (jsmorley beat me...)
If the skins do not respond in a day or two, then it might be time to find a different source for the weather data...
You got it breaux. I can't wait to get in this new Rainmeter. I had fun with it years ago, gonna have fun with it now.
"Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus
darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

I've always struggled with the RexExp / parsing stuff. I'm using the Elementary weather skin and a simple URL replacement doesn't seem to be doing the trick -- I'm throwing myself upon the mercy of anyone who can help :)

URL="http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%3D#woeid#%20AND%20u%3D'#unit#'"

RegExp=(?siU)<yweather:units.*distance="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*chill="(.*)".*direction="(.*)".*speed="(.*)".*<yweather:atmosphere.*humidity="(.*)".*visibility="(.*)".*<item>\s*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*<yweather:condition.*code="(.*)".*temp="(.*)"#forecast##forecast##forecast##forecast#

Thanks in advance!
electronicsguy

Post by electronicsguy »

moshi wrote:here's something for you all:

http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=550763&u=c
haha. thanks for this! How did you find it? Yahoo developer docs still list the old method.
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

Uh-oh...it's happening again. Came home today to find the feed not working. Any thoughts? I'm using this code:

Code: Select all

URL=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=MY7DIGITCODEHERE&u=f
locke94

Post by locke94 »

SquaredCircle wrote:Uh-oh...it's happening again. Came home today to find the feed not working. Any thoughts? I'm using this code:

URL=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=MY7DIGITCODEHERE&u=f
Same here, but i"m using this one :

Url=http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss?w=#CurrentCode#&u=#Unit#
And this is the error:

NOTE (21:04:15.537) Enigma\Sidebar\Weather\Weather-Extended.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (21:04:15.696) Enigma\Sidebar\Weather\Weather-Extended.ini - [MeasureYahooWeather]: RegExp matching error (-1)
GaspingSpark

Post by GaspingSpark »

On a technical note, the feed is returning a HTTP status "502 Connection refused" with this error message:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Could Not Connect</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black">
<H1>Could Not Connect</H1>
<HR>

<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
Description: Could not connect to the requested server host.
</B></FONT>
<HR>
</BODY>
It seems that the outward facing proxy server cannot connect to whatever internal Yahoo server runs the weather feed. So either the server is down for maintenance or they shut it off. Maybe it will come back online.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

GaspingSpark wrote:On a technical note, the feed is returning a HTTP status "502 Connection refused" with this error message:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Could Not Connect</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR="white" FGCOLOR="black">
<H1>Could Not Connect</H1>
<HR>

<FONT FACE="Helvetica,Arial"><B>
Description: Could not connect to the requested server host.
</B></FONT>
<HR>
</BODY>
It seems that the outward facing proxy server cannot connect to whatever internal Yahoo server runs the weather feed. So either the server is down for maintenance or they shut it off. Maybe it will come back online.
As of now, it's working for me...
SquaredCircle

Post by SquaredCircle »

jsmorley wrote:As of now, it's working for me...
Me, too. It's been going off and on though throughout the day.