It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:23 pm

Weather not working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather not working?

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: March 10th, 2020, 8:46 pm Just saying...is the scroll resizing gone from the latest version?
I commented out scrolling using the mouse due to the possibility to overwhelm the WebParser, and locking up the skin, if scrolled quickly.

If you want scrolling, simply remove the semicolons of the mouse scroll lines in the [Rainmeter] section.
You can set the SCALE in the [Variables] section of the skin; default is SCALE=0.5

I am making a few changes suggested by JSMorley, adding changes that should make it easier to translate terms by setting a 'Lang' variable, and moving common variables to 'GeneralVariables.inc' file. Will be posting an update later this evening.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote: March 10th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Code: Select all

;=====================================
;Dutch
; =====================================
;FeelsLike=Gevoelstemperatuur
;Humidity=Luchtvochtigheid
;Wind=Wind
;Visibility=Zicht
;Pressure=Luchtdruk
;ChanceOfPrecip=Kans op Neerslag

;Date="Sunday":"Zondag","Monday":"Maandag","Tuesday":"Dinsdag","Wednesday":"Woensdag","Thursday":"Donderdag","Friday":"Vrijdag","Saturday":"Zaterdag","January":"Januari","February":"Februari","March":"Maart","April":"April","June":"Juni","July":"Juli","August":"Augustus","September":"September","October":"Oktober","November":"November","December":"December"
Thanks DVO. I will add a Dutch translation file to the new language files; a new general variable 'LANG' is being added to allow quickly setting skin specific terms... 'Lang=Dutch' will be available in the update.

Note that date terms will now be resolved by updated JSON measures by JSMorley, so the 'Date=...' section is no longer needed with the upcoming release.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 10th, 2020, 10:59 pm I commented out scrolling using the mouse due to the possibility to overwhelm the WebParser, and locking up the skin, if scrolled quickly.

If you want scrolling, simply remove the semicolons of the mouse scroll lines in the [Rainmeter] section.
You can set the SCALE in the [Variables] section of the skin; default is SCALE=0.5

I am making a few changes suggested by JSMorley, adding changes that should make it easier to translate terms by setting a 'Lang' variable, and moving common variables to 'GeneralVariables.inc' file. Will be posting an update later this evening.
Oh, ok - I didn't know that. And yes, I noticed that quick scrolling locked up the skin right ever since I first installed it.
Anyway, it was just an observation - I only installed it to see its progress. Nice job, by the way. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated JSON measures and WeatherComCodes to latest versions (Thanks JSMorley!)

:Changes:
Added new context menu items:
- Choose Location (latest JSMorley's excellent skin!)
- Edit General Variables (Scale, Lang, Time, and Date Formats)
- Edit Weather Variables (TWC Language Code, LocationCode [Manually], UpdateRate)
- Edit Current Language (If you prefer different translations than those supplied)
- Add New Language (To add skin specific terms in a new language [see instructions in the file])
- Translations simplified due to update JSON measures (only 6 skin specific terms need to be translated)

Includes English terms translations into: Spanish, French, German, and Dutch (Other languages can be easily set up)

To get a completely translated skin you need to set 2 variables:
1) the 'Lang' variable in 'GeneralVariables.inc' to your language file; 'Lang=French'. This will translate skin specific terms.
2) set the 'Language' variable in 'WeatherComJSONVariables.inc' to your TWC language code; 'Language=fr-FR'. This will return TWC data in your language.

Both can be done using the context menu options.

Updated file in previous post
rwfLatest.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Looks good to me...

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote: March 11th, 2020, 11:45 am missing 12/24 clock settings
You set that in GeneralVariables.inc

Just right-click the skin and select "Edit General Variables".

Just change TimeFormat to %H:%M or whatever you like.
Twinsen

Post by Twinsen »

Hi
Can't change value DateFormat

; Date and time formats you desire.
; See https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/time/#FormatCodes
; For formatting codes to use.
DateFormat=%A, %B %#d, %Y

displayed on the screen January 1, 1601

the value of time - all good
5alid_sahmmout

Post by 5alid_sahmmout »

what should I add at #locationcode# and #unit# ???
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

5alid_sahmmout wrote: November 4th, 2020, 10:51 am what should I add at #locationcode# and #unit# ???
Nothing, because theposted URL doesn't work anymore. You can't use the skin with this URL.
I suggest you to look for a newer weather skin, available for instance here on forum.
5alid_sahmmout

Post by 5alid_sahmmout »

balala wrote: November 4th, 2020, 11:05 am Nothing, because theposted URL doesn't work anymore. You can't use the skin with this URL.
I suggest you to look for a newer weather skin, available for instance here on forum.
thanks