It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:03 pm

Weather not working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Skyitzer

Re: Weather not working?

Post by Skyitzer »

balala wrote:The main problem is with the used variables. In the URL option of the [MeasureWeatherRSS] measure you've used two variables, named dest and SCALE. But in the posted variables file you don't have this variables, but instead you have WeatherCode and WeatherUnit. In this way, the measure can't work, because without the proper variables, the URL can't be treated.

Solution 1:
Replace the URL option of the [MeasureWeatherRSS] measure with this one: URL=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#WeatherCode#?cc=*&unit=#WeatherUnit#&dayf=5.

Solution 2:
In the Variables.inc file, rename the WeatherCode variable to dest and respectively the WeatherUnit to SCALE.

Just mention that in my opinion the first solution is more desirable, but finally any of them should work.
Awesome!! It worked, it's actually showing the weather now. The only problem is it's showing "? as the unit instead of °
Also, not sure, but it doesn't show open processes, but I think the dev said something about it not working, not sure though.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Skyitzer wrote:Awesome!! It worked, it's actually showing the weather now. The only problem is it's showing "? as the unit instead of °
Add a StringCase=UPPER option to the [MeterCurrentTemp], [MeterTempDay1Hi], [MeterTempDay1Lo], [MeterTempDay2Hi], [MeterTempDay2Lo], [MeterTempDay3Hi] and [MeterTempDay3Lo] meters.
Add the following measure anywhere to the code:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTempScale]
Measure=String
String=#SCALE#
Substitute="m":"C","M":"C","i":"F","I":"F"
(If you've replaced the SCALE variable into the Variables.inc file with WeatherUnit, also replace it here).
This measure will convert the letter m (metric) to C (Celsius) or the i (imperial) to F (Fahrenheit). We'll modify all meters which must show a temperature, to show the appropriate temperature unit (see the next point).
Replace the Postfix option of the [MeterCurrentTemp], [MeterTempDay1Hi], [MeterTempDay1Lo], [MeterTempDay2Hi], [MeterTempDay2Lo], [MeterTempDay3Hi] and [MeterTempDay3Lo] meters with Text=%1°%2. Also add to all of these meters a MeasureName2=MeasureTempScale option.
Skyitzer wrote:Also, not sure, but it doesn't show open processes, but I think the dev said something about it not working, not sure though.
Let's first fix all the issues of the weather part of the skin, then we'll try to fix this one too.

And another comment about your code: the !Execute bang was deprecated long time ago. You should remove it from your code (Eg you have the following LeftMouseUpAction on the [Downloads] meter: LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["E:\Downloads"], but it should be simply LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Downloads"].
Skyitzer

Post by Skyitzer »

balala wrote:Add a StringCase=UPPER option to the [MeterCurrentTemp], [MeterTempDay1Hi], [MeterTempDay1Lo], [MeterTempDay2Hi], [MeterTempDay2Lo], [MeterTempDay3Hi] and [MeterTempDay3Lo] meters.
Add the following measure anywhere to the code:

[MeasureTempScale]
Measure=String
String=#SCALE#
Substitute="m":"C","M":"C","i":"F","I":"F"
(If you've replaced the SCALE variable into the Variables.inc file with WeatherUnit, also replace it here).
This measure will convert the letter m (metric) to C (Celsius) or the i (imperial) to F (Fahrenheit). We'll modify all meters which must show a temperature, to show the appropriate temperature unit (see the next point).
Replace the Postfix option of the [MeterCurrentTemp], [MeterTempDay1Hi], [MeterTempDay1Lo], [MeterTempDay2Hi], [MeterTempDay2Lo], [MeterTempDay3Hi] and [MeterTempDay3Lo] meters with Text=%1°%2. Also add to all of these meters a MeasureName2=MeasureTempScale option.

Let's first fix all the issues of the weather part of the skin, then we'll try to fix this one too.

And another comment about your code: the !Execute bang was deprecated long time ago. You should remove it from your code (Eg you have the following LeftMouseUpAction on the [Downloads] meter: LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["E:\Downloads"], but it should be simply LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Downloads"].
It's all good now! Had to modify the [MeasureTempScale] a bit, by replacing #SCALE# with just "m" (not sure if you listed to do that or not) So all that's not working are the processes.
Thanks so much for all the help you've been giving me. I really appreciate it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Skyitzer wrote:It's all good now! Had to modify the [MeasureTempScale] a bit, by replacing #SCALE# with just "m" (not sure if you listed to do that or not)
I'm glad.
Skyitzer wrote:So all that's not working are the processes.
I never used the TopProcesses plugin and to be honest I didn't even know about it. I usually resolve this kind of tasks with the AdvancedCPU plugin. Because of this, I can help with this, only if you'll switch to this plugin.
Eg, replace the [MeasureTopCPULabel], [MeasureTopCPUMemory] and [MeasureTopCPUPerc] measures with the followings:

[MeasureTopCPULabel]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel]
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2]
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel4]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2];[MeasureTopCPULabel3]
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc4]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2];[MeasureTopCPULabel3]
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel5]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2];[MeasureTopCPULabel3];[MeasureTopCPULabel4]
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc5]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2];[MeasureTopCPULabel3];[MeasureTopCPULabel4]
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel6]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2];[MeasureTopCPULabel3];[MeasureTopCPULabel4];[MeasureTopCPULabel5]
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc6]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle;[MeasureTopCPULabel];[MeasureTopCPULabel2];[MeasureTopCPULabel3];[MeasureTopCPULabel4];[MeasureTopCPULabel5]
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1
Then replace the [TopCPULabels], [TopCPUMemLabels] and [TopCPUPerc] meters with these:

[TopCPULabels]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTopCPULabel
MeasureName2=MeasureTopCPULabel2
MeasureName3=MeasureTopCPULabel3
MeasureName4=MeasureTopCPULabel4
MeasureName5=MeasureTopCPULabel5
MeasureName6=MeasureTopCPULabel6
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=Open Sans
FontSize=8
FontColor=#white#
X=10
Y=442
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1#CRLF#%2#CRLF#%3#CRLF#%4#CRLF#%5#CRLF#%6

[TopCPUPerc]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTopCPUPerc
MeasureName2=MeasureTopCPUPerc2
MeasureName3=MeasureTopCPUPerc3
MeasureName4=MeasureTopCPUPerc4
MeasureName5=MeasureTopCPUPerc5
MeasureName6=MeasureTopCPUPerc6
StringAlign=RIGHT
StringCase=UPPER
FontFace=Open Sans
FontSize=8
FontColor=#white#
X=277
Y=442
AntiAlias=1
Scale=600000
NumOfDecimals=2
Text=%1%#CRLF#%2%#CRLF#%3%#CRLF#%4%#CRLF#%5%#CRLF#%6%
Skyitzer

Post by Skyitzer »

balala wrote:I'm glad.

I never used the TopProcesses plugin and to be honest I didn't even know about it. I usually resolve this kind of tasks with the AdvancedCPU plugin. Because of this, I can help with this, only if you'll switch to this plugin.
Eg, replace the [MeasureTopCPULabel], [MeasureTopCPUMemory] and [MeasureTopCPUPerc] measures with the followings:

[MeasureTopCPULabel]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
CPUExclude=Idle
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel4]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc4]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel5]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc5]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPULabel6]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=2
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureTopCPUPerc6]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AdvancedCPU
TopProcess=1
DynamicVariables=1
Then replace the [TopCPULabels], [TopCPUMemLabels] and [TopCPUPerc] meters with these:

[TopCPULabels]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTopCPULabel
MeasureName2=MeasureTopCPULabel2
MeasureName3=MeasureTopCPULabel3
MeasureName4=MeasureTopCPULabel4
MeasureName5=MeasureTopCPULabel5
MeasureName6=MeasureTopCPULabel6
StringAlign=LEFT
FontFace=Open Sans
FontSize=8
FontColor=#white#
X=10
Y=442
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1#CRLF#%2#CRLF#%3#CRLF#%4#CRLF#%5#CRLF#%6

[TopCPUPerc]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureTopCPUPerc
MeasureName2=MeasureTopCPUPerc2
MeasureName3=MeasureTopCPUPerc3
MeasureName4=MeasureTopCPUPerc4
MeasureName5=MeasureTopCPUPerc5
MeasureName6=MeasureTopCPUPerc6
StringAlign=RIGHT
StringCase=UPPER
FontFace=Open Sans
FontSize=8
FontColor=#white#
X=277
Y=442
AntiAlias=1
Scale=600000
NumOfDecimals=2
Text=%1%#CRLF#%2%#CRLF#%3%#CRLF#%4%#CRLF#%5%#CRLF#%6%
I can't thank you enough for all the help. Everything is working properly, and I learned a thing or two for Rainmeter.
The processes are showing properly and it's working all good.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Skyitzer wrote:I can't thank you enough for all the help. Everything is working properly, and I learned a thing or two for Rainmeter.
The processes are showing properly and it's working all good.
I'm glad in this case.
GreenDragon

Post by GreenDragon »

Hallo, I have problem with skin Gnometer weather. I am from Serbia/Belgrade (SRXX0005). I saw that was change with one line.

Find this:
Url=http:// xml.weather.c om/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=5

Replace with:
Url=http:// wxdata.weather.c om/wxdata/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=5

Can anybody explain to me, or write correctly line to change in .ini file...

Tnx
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GreenDragon wrote:Hallo, I have problem with skin Gnometer weather. I am from Serbia/Belgrade (SRXX0005). I saw that was change with one line.

Find this:
Url=http:// xml.weather.c om/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=5

Replace with:
Url=http:// wxdata.weather.c om/wxdata/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=5

Can anybody explain to me, or write correctly line to change in .ini file...

Tnx
Try to use the following URL option into the [mWeather] measure: Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=1, replacing the old one. Lately a lot of changes occurred at the weather data providers.
GreenDragon

Post by GreenDragon »

balala wrote:Try to use the following URL option into the [mWeather] measure: Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=1, replacing the old one. Lately a lot of changes occurred at the weather data providers.
Once again

#weather.Zip# #SRXX0005# or SRXX0005
#weather.Unit# #C# or #c# or c
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GreenDragon wrote:Once again

#weather.Zip# #SRXX0005# or SRXX0005
#weather.Unit# #C# or #c# or c
If it was a question:

[Variables]
weather.Zip=SRXX0005
weather.Unit=c

[mWeather]
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#weather.Zip#?cc=*&unit=#weather.Unit#&dayf=1
weather.Zip and weather.Unit are two variables. You set their values in the [Variables] section. Then you can use them as #weather.Zip# and #weather.Unit# and these expressions are substituted with the declared values.
#SRXX0005# and #C# don't mean nothing, because you don't have such variable declared.