It is currently April 16th, 2024, 10:39 am

Weather not working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
2overTheMustachesTop

Re: Weather not working?

Post by 2overTheMustachesTop »

Thanks that seemed to do the trick!!! Again thank you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

2overTheMustachesTop wrote: August 5th, 2019, 6:09 pm Thanks that seemed to do the trick!!! Again thank you.
You're welcome. Always a pleasure to help.
accessamerica00

Post by accessamerica00 »

balala wrote: July 31st, 2019, 8:33 pm Based on the posted code, the only information you want ot get is the description and the temperature. Is this right?
If it is, just replace the [MeasureWeatherRSS], [MeasureWeatherDesc] and [MeasureWeatherTemp] webParser measures as it follows:

Code: Select all

[MeasureWeatherRSS]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=1800
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local/#WeatherLocation#?cc=*&unit=#Unit#&dayf=1
RegExp=(?siU)<weather ver="(.*)">.*<ut>(.*)</ut>.*<ud>(.*)</ud>.*<us>(.*)</us>.*<up>(.*)</up>.*<ur>(.*)</ur>.*<loc id="#WeatherLocation#">.*<dnam>(.*)</dnam>.*<lat>(.*)</lat>.*<lon>(.*)</lon>.*<sunr>(.*)</sunr>.*<suns>(.*)</suns>.*<zone>(.*)</zone>.*</loc>.*<cc>.*<lsup>.*</lsup>.*<obst>.*</obst>.*<tmp>(.*)</tmp>.*<flik>(.*)</flik>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<bar>.*<r>(.*)</r>.*<d>(.*)</d>.*</bar>.*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<gust>.*</gust>.*<d>.*</d>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</wind>.*<hmid>(.*)</hmid>.*<vis>.*</vis>.*<uv>.*<i>.*</i>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</uv>.*<dewp>.*</dewp>.*<moon>.*<icon>(.*)</icon>.*<t>(.*)</t>.*</moon>.*</cc>.*<dayf>.*<lsup>.*</lsup>

[MeasureWeatherDesc]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=15

[MeasureWeatherTemp]
Measure=WebParser
Url=[MeasureWeatherRSS]
StringIndex=13
Note a few details:
  • You will need to add the WeatherLocation and Unit variables to the [Variables] section, in order to get the code working. WeatherLocation is the weather code of your location (available through a search here), while Unit is either m (metric - for temperatures in Celsius degrees) or i (imperial - temperatured in Fahrenheit degrees).
  • I rewrote the WebParser measures to be not Plugin measures, but simple WebParser measures. A while ago the code of Rainmeter has been rewritten and these measures became from Plugin measures, WebParser measures, due to the fact that WebParser became from an external plugin, internal measure.
Please test the above code and let me (us) know if you want something else as well.
I'm having the same problem with the Weather Meter stating 'connecting' but nothing happens. Look at the ini for the weather function and it does not have any of the [MeasureWeather...] sections. Any suggestions?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

accessamerica00 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 1:32 pm I'm having the same problem with the Weather Meter stating 'connecting' but nothing happens. Look at the ini for the weather function and it does not have any of the [MeasureWeather...] sections. Any suggestions?
The Weather Channel's wxdata feed has been down since yesterday. There's about 20 threads going on this topic already...
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
oZone

Post by oZone »

Well I am not using weather skin but I have bad news for you

https://wxdata.weather.com/ is showing "This service is deprecated as of October 1, 2019"

someone should make announcement or sticky thread so people won't create new threads about weather skin not working
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:04 pm Well I am not using weather skin but I have bad news for you

https://wxdata.weather.com/ is showing "This service is deprecated as of October 1, 2019"

someone should make announcement or sticky thread so people won't create new threads about weather skin not working
Yike. Well that removes the uncertainty. Damn.
Vertigo_43

Post by Vertigo_43 »

oZone wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 2:04 pm Well I am not using weather skin but I have bad news for you

Maybe even compiling a small list of new weather skins that will work may help as a start?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vertigo_43 wrote: October 2nd, 2019, 3:32 pm Maybe even compiling a small list of new weather skins that will work may help as a start?
Definitely.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Try restarting Rainmeter now...
khernitz

Post by khernitz »

Once again..it's not working :?