It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:55 am

RoundLineMeter Location

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bill98

Re: RoundLineMeter Location

Post by bill98 »

The Icons all seem to come up ok, but none of the Launcher2 programs will execute when the Icon is clicked. They used to work fine,before I changed Launcher2 from a separate skin.

Thanks a million for your help
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

You skin suite is large enough and I can't follow all that's happening there, but I just discovered two other problems:
1. On the LeftMouseUpAction options of the [IconL1], [IconL2] (and so on) meters (Launcher2.inc file) you've set the [App01], [App02] (and so on) measure names. You can't do this, in this way, it won't have any effect. What you wanted to do with these measure names? If you wanted to launch the application defined by the appropriate string measures, you'll have to replace these measure names with something like this: ["[App01]"] instead of [App01]. Obviously you'll have to do the same with all these LeftMouseUpAction options, of all meters ([IconL1], [IconL2], ..., [IconL16]).
I'm also not sure what you mean by
bill98 wrote:none of the Launcher2 programs will execute when the Icon is clicked.
If I'm not wrong you mean that the appropriate app is not launched. If so, replacing the measure names with the described form will also fix this error. Let me know if it is.
2. The !WriteKeyValue bangs on the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [IconL1], [IconL2], ... are wrong, because the filename where you want to write the variable must be included into quotation marks, especially if its path contains spaces. Eg the [!WriteKeyValue Variables LNO 1 #@#VariablesM2.inc] bang on the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [IconL1] meter, won't work this way. You'll have to replace it with this: [!WriteKeyValue Variables LNO 1 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"] (note the added quotation marks, around the #@#VariablesM2.inc filename.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

I have updated two of the meters and those changes"WORK". Do I apply the same change to the tooltiptittle so it will show? I have never seen putting the meter name in double brackets and quotes like that. What exactly does that mean? Is it in the Docs?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bill98 wrote:Do I apply the same change to the tooltiptittle so it will show?
The tooltips are shown to me. But you can try to see what's happening if you apply it.
bill98 wrote:I have never seen putting the meter name in double brackets and quotes like that. What exactly does that mean? Is it in the Docs?
Take a look at the following two descriptions:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started/basic-tutorials/launcher/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/measure-as-a-variable/
The main difference between what you see on the first link and your code is that eg in the [MeterLaunch3Image] meter of the tutorial you have his option: LeftMouseUpAction=["Calc.exe"] and on your code: LeftMouseUpAction=["[App01]"], which is the same, because [App01] returns the path and name of appropriate application. The [App01] form represents the string value of the App01 measure (in fact [App01] being a string measure, its numeric value is always 0).
Please update all the needed sections and let me know if there is any other problem.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

I have something mixed up. The first part of Launcher2 defines several variables based on LNO. I noticed the variables were numbered wrong and I have changed them from the copy you have. Maybe I messed something up because the Icons are not displaying in the correct order. My tooltips aren't displaying either. I'll have to lookatthat some more.
I sure appreciate your expertise. I never would have figured out putting the meter names in double brackets.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

A couple of discrepancies are bothering me. First: The ToolTips on Launcher2(the second Icon circle) do not work.

Second: There is something mixed up in the Launcher2 Icon Image Name(IconN1-16), the Executable(App01-16) and the Executable Name(AppNo1-16). Each of these Names are defined in the beginning batch of Launcher2 measures.
o IconN1-16 = #IconSrc##IconL0101# to #IconSrc##IconL1616#, Defined in #@#Variables21 to 216. #IconSrc# is defined in #@#VariablesM2.
o App01-16 = #app0101# to #app1616#, Defined in #@#Variables21 to 216
o AppNo1-16 = #app0101Name# to #app1616Name#, Defined in #@#Variables21 to 216

The numbering system for these variables represents:
o 1st 2 digits: The 1st through 16th Icon shown in Launcher2, starting a 12:00 o'clock, going clockwise. These define the individual Apps to be executed in each group or app circle.
o 2nd 2 digits: The 1st through 16th Icon shown in InnerIcons, clockwise from 12:00 o'clock. These define the Group or app circle.

This numbering system is used in the #@#Variables21 thru 216 use this definition, but the measures in the first half of Launcher2 reverse it. I tried correcting the measures in the first half of Launcher2 and really messed things up. WHY?
bill98

Post by bill98 »

I made a few more changes and everything seems to be working now. Thanks loads for your help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bill98 wrote:I made a few more changes and everything seems to be working now. Thanks loads for your help!
I'm glad. I just wanted to take a look, but in this case, I won't. Let me (us) know if you have further questions.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

Quick question, if I may.

The clock in the center has a ToolTipText popup which I would like to confine to the clock. Right now it pops up all over the skin. I assume that is because of overlapping meters. Can you explain to me which meters cause this to happen (Meters/Measures that are in sequence prior-to or after the clock, does Alpha affect anything? is there anyway to avoid these meters/measures?).

Thanks for your help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Could you please post the last code? Just to work on the same one.