It is currently April 16th, 2024, 8:54 pm

How refresh automatically skin after loaded?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Oleg_M

How refresh automatically skin after loaded?

Post by Oleg_M »

Hello friends!
Please help me! I need load skin, then this skin automatically refresh. What section and command write in .INI file?
[Rainmeter]
Update=1000 - NOT WORK!

Need this action ONLY automatically via .INI file
Thank you very much!
R1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fonpaolo

Re: How refresh automatically skin after loaded?

Post by fonpaolo »

I can assure you that "Update=1000" it's working as it should.
It updates the whole skin (Measures and Meters) every second (1000 milliseconds), but it doesn't mean "Refresh" (reset/restart all values), it's another thing.

You can try this: Action on skin "load" but not "refresh"
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Oleg_M wrote:Please help me! I need load skin, then this skin automatically refresh.
Why would you do such thing? I think it's useless to refresh a newly loaded skin. Or am I wrong?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Why would you do such thing? I think it's useless to refresh a newly loaded skin. Or am I wrong?
Yes. In fact this:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
OnRefreshAction=[!Refresh]

Will instantly put Rainmeter into a fatal endless loop, and you will have to use Task Manager to end the Rainmeter process.

I think the problem here is that the original poster is just not clear what he is trying to accomplish.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I did run into one case where you might want to refresh things after Rainmeter loads, and that was a case where a guy had a situation that his network was not being fully connected until after Rainmeter had already started. That was causing some issues where WebParser measures were waiting until the next "UpdateRate", which by default is 10 minutes, to be populated. We solved that with a skin like this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeasureOnLoad]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=[!EnableMeasure MeasureCheckNetwork]
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureCheckNetwork]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=INTERNET_CONNECTIVITY
Disabled=1
IfCondition=MeasureCheckNetwork = 1
IfTrueAction=[!Refresh *]

[MeterDummy]
Meter=String
Note however that we were very careful not to get into an endless loop.

This network lag was actually happening to me with one of the Windows 10 "Insider" builds a while back, but it went away with the next build from MS.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:I did run into one case where you might want to refresh things after Rainmeter loads, and that was a case where a guy had a situation that his network was not being fully connected until after Rainmeter had already started. That was causing some issues where WebParser measures were waiting until the next "UpdateRate", which by default is 10 minutes, to be populated.
My question is that if in this case it's absolutely needed a refresh? Can't be the parent WebParser measure updated using a !CommandMeasure bang? I'm asking this because refreshing a skin in my opinion is an operation which should be avoided as much as it is possible.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:My question is that if in this case it's absolutely needed a refresh? Can't be the parent WebParser measure updated using a !CommandMeasure bang? I'm asking this because refreshing a skin in my opinion is an operation which should be avoided as much as it is possible.
Well yes, but if you have a bunch of skins using WebParser, I have 7 loading myself, you don't want to have to add that test and !CommandMeasure in each and every skin you ever create or even get from somewhere else. That example skin is one that you load in addition to all your other skins, and its entire and only job is to deal with a network connection that completes after Rainmeter is already started. It does no harm if in fact the network IS there, just does one entirely invisible refresh when Rainmeter first starts. It does the refresh before Rainmeter even has a chance to "draw" the skins the first time, so you will never see it.

It's not something most folks need, as generally Windows gets the network going long before Rainmeter starts, but I have seen it happen with some network configurations and in some cases. For instance, if you are on your laptop at your local Starbucks and need to take some "login" step to get connected to their WiFi hotspot. With this skin, as soon as you do, your WebParser based skins come to life, rather than you having to manually refresh Rainmeter.

This all may have nothing to do with what the original poster is asking. I have no idea what he is trying to address. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, you're right, I didn't thought such an approach.
jsmorley wrote:This all may have nothing to do with what the original poster is asking. I have no idea what he is trying to address. ;-)
Yes, neither me. Maybe we'll find it out soon, when he'll come back with some details.
Oleg_M

Post by Oleg_M »

Hello dear friends balala, jsmorley!
I had problems with use of hotkeys (RSHIFT RIGHT and LEFT) at switching of panels inside skin. After start!!!! Rainmeter the combination of keys RSHIFT RIGHT (LEFT) did not work, the error rainmeter.dll with its closing was shown at once. The problem was eliminated, only after manual refresh skin after start rainmeter....
Very strange, the floor of day understood with a problem today, wished to write a videoclip on a problem, has closed by turns all skins, has left problem - has pressed hotkeys, ALL WAS NORMALLY switched!!!
Then has loaded all the others by turns skins, NOT PROBLEMS TOO!!!!
What is it? ? Problem with HotKey plugin or any conflicts inside Raimeter?
Thanks big for your participation and attention!
Best regards, Oleg.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

And now everything is right? To be honest, I'm not sure I entirely understood. But if you still have problems, please post your code.