It is currently April 25th, 2024, 4:11 am

Additional hard drives

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Additional hard drives

Post by SilverAzide »

The Drives Meter gadget only shows physical hard drives, not network drives. Do you have more than two physical drives? If so, the next question for you is what are the drive letters? By default, the gadget shows drives C: to L:, but if your drives are beyond L:, you will need to edit a file to adjust the list of drives being monitored. Open the file
C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Gadgets\@Resources\DrivesVariables.inc. Locate the variables D01 to D10 and change the drive letters to whatever you want.

Code: Select all

;
; physical disk drives to monitor
;
; Enter the drive letters for up to 10 physical or removable drives (the colon is required).
; Network drives and CD ROM drives are ignored.
;
D01="C:"
D02="D:"
D03="E:"
D04="F:"
D05="G:"
D06="H:"
D07="I:"
D08="J:"
D09="K:"
D10="L:"
So for example, if you have a drive Z:, you'd change D10 from "L:" to "Z:".
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Pecka

Post by Pecka »

I modified the original 2 Disks file to support the 9 JBOD drives I have. By pure chance, all my drives are labelled C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K in order (which you can find grouped together at the top of the file), so modify as you need to. If you have fewer than 9 drives, all you need to do is remove groups at the bottom of the file {[meterLabelDisk], [meterValueDisk], [meterBarDisk]}.

I couldn't figure out how to add the proper code block, so here is a link to the file on github.
https://github.com/alexipeck/9-drives/blob/master/9%20Disks.ini

Enjoy.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Pecka wrote: June 7th, 2020, 11:18 am I modified the original 2 Disks file to support the 9 JBOD drives I have. By pure chance, all my drives are labelled C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K in order (which you can find grouped together at the top of the file), so modify as you need to. If you have fewer than 9 drives, all you need to do is remove groups at the bottom of the file {[meterLabelDisk], [meterValueDisk], [meterBarDisk]}.
There are no meters named [meterLabelDisk], [meterValueDisk] or [meterBarDisk]. Instead they are [meterLabelDiskX], [meterValueDiskX] and [meterBarDiskX], where X is the appropriate number.
Additionally removing the meters is not enough, the corresponding measures should also be removed. For instance if there is no K: drive (corresponding to disk9 variable), you should remove the [meterLabelDisk9], [meterValueDisk9] and [meterBarDisk9] meters, as well as the corresponding [measureTotalDisk9] and [measureUsedDisk9] measures.
Pecka wrote: June 7th, 2020, 11:18 am I couldn't figure out how to add the proper code block, so here is a link to the file on github.
https://github.com/alexipeck/9-drives/blob/master/9%20Disks.ini
Add it between <code>....</code> tags, which can be accessed by the </> button in the menu of this forum.