It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:28 pm

Additional hard drives

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
FerranW

Additional hard drives

Post by FerranW »

Is there a downloadable skin already programmed for multiple hard drives?
If so, where might I find it?
If not how do I add them?
I have a studio with 8 drives all over 3 TB in size.
I am rather limited in computer / software programming skills.
Thank you forum members for your assistance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Additional hard drives

Post by balala »

Just to promote my works: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=112331#p112331
Is it similar to what you want?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I can't compete with balala...

...and I was thinking that using five hard disks was already extraordinary.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:I can't compete with balala...

...and I was thinking that using five hard disks was already extraordinary.
What are you thinking about, fonpaolo? I think the number of disks is unlimited, just as their number is growing, the number of needed sections are also growing.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

It's more than fifteen years I'm building my computers using more than four internal hard disks (not counting partitions) and up to four external and most of the people I know look at me thinking I'm a martian... ;-) :sly:

...said that, in my skins I never used more than five, thinking they were already too much for most of the people.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, you're right. But the capabilities of Rainmeter let to use any number of disks. I hope...
I couldn't check my skin for more then 3 hard disk partitions and 3 other removable units (so in total 6 units), but I hope it would work with even more.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Oh, yes, with internal or external drives or partitions, already tested.
As a small side note, I use to give an unique ID to external disks, so they are displayed correctly, however Win 7 sometimes changes the drive letter... :x

My only concern is that I need to think to another kind of skin, to add more than five hard disks... :(
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

You can try my Drives Meter from illustro Gadgets: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21496

Or you could use SilverAzide's Drives Meter replica: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20699

Both act the same, the only difference is styling: Mine is themed like the default illustro skin pack, and SilverAzide's is a lookalike of the original Drives Meter gadget on Windows 7. They both support any drives connected to slots C-L, and will automatically adjust themselves to the hard drives you have connected (e.g if you plug in a flash drive it will show up on the skin, and disappear when you eject it).

Hope this helps!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
FerranW

Post by FerranW »

Or you could use SilverAzide's Drives Meter replica: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20699

Many thanks - SilverAzide's is perfect for my use.

Great forum - so pleased to have found you.
:D
FerranW

Post by FerranW »

I did download the SilverAzide skin, removed the earlier version entirely and re-installed the Azide skin. It seems to be the same as the earlier one with only 2 hd's showing. I'm afraid I do not have the skills to open the software to make changes to the settings. Is there a version that doesn't need any adjustments that already scans for the amount of hd's on my system?
tx guys