It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:01 pm

rainmeter stops working after skin install

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
pleasehelpme123

rainmeter stops working after skin install

Post by pleasehelpme123 »

Hi.
skin i am trying to use: http://theradianproject.weebly.com/updates/radian-linear-visualizer-192-public-release
I have tried using both rainmeter versions 3.3 (newest) and the old 3.2.1 version under the old downloads on the website.
After installing rainmeter it works fine and loads up the default skin.
When I either double click the skin installer, or open up the skin installer in the rainmeter folder and find it in my downloads, the screen pops up for me to install the skin and the spotifyplugin, then when I press okay rainmeter stops working and will not open. It disappears from my processes but every now and then it will pop up in the notification area, sometimes 2 appear. *but when i hover over them, they go away instantly!
Does anyone have suggestions other than reinstalling which I have tried multiple times?
Thank you for your time.

edit: the skin does successfully install as it does show up inside the documents/rainmeter/skins but not inside the programfiles/rainmeter where the .exe is, and the spotifyplugin is not in the plugins folder. However, when I try to install the .rmskin a second time, it says backup and replace for the skin and that the plugin versions are the same as if installed already.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: rainmeter stops working after skin install

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sorry for the late reply... Are you still looking for help?

I had installed that visualizer a while ago and it works fine for me.
I am on Windows 10 Pro with Rainmeter 3.3

What Windows OS are you using?

A few tips:
The plugin will not be installed in 'Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins'
All third party plugins are installed in your hidden folder 'C:\Users\{YourName}\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins'

The only way to reset Rainmeter would be to edit Rainmeter.ini and set all ACTIVE={SomeNumber} to ACTIVE=0
Save the file and restart Rainmeter. Rainmeter will start with NO skins loaded.
Use the notification icon to open Manage, but don't load the visualizer until you find why it is locking up Rainmeter.
Jos

Post by Jos »

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem: Using a OS: Windows 10. Installed the skin and as soon it happens it the rainmeter doesn't open and makes multiple copies in the taskbar but goes away immediately.

Could you please help!!

Installed Skins:
https://www.deviantart.com/fediafedia/art/Omnimo-10-for-Rainmeter-842044123

funnily it could run MOND skin but anything other than that causes the problem
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jos wrote: August 29th, 2021, 11:36 am Hello,

I'm facing the same problem: Using a OS: Windows 10. Installed the skin and as soon it happens it the rainmeter doesn't open and makes multiple copies in the taskbar but goes away immediately.

Could you please help!!

Installed Skins:

This isn't the answer you are likely to want, but to be honest I would personally just stay away from Omnimo. It is getting very old, is just insanely complicated, and I'm not sure it is well supported by the author anymore.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Jos wrote: August 29th, 2021, 11:36 am Hello,

Could you please help!!

Installed Skins:

If you want the similar style as Omnimo in an updated package, take a look at Big Sur, released last year by the same author, fediaFedia.

It is also a very complicated package, but is still supported if you need help.
Jos

Post by Jos »

Thank you so much and sorry for the late reply. It works and doesn't crash. Yay!