Post by Skitrel »

FreeRaider

Re: Spotify Lyrics help

Post by FreeRaider »

No solution for me, sorry.
Skitrel

Post by Skitrel »

Bawww! Oh well, you contributed a great deal to getting this working with spotify which seems to have been a wanted thing that hasn't been resolved for years, so that's good for future people at least.

Hmm.. It's starting to look like it might need the webparser plugin itself to change so that it only takes data from the page AFTER all elements and javascript has been applied. That's IF the webparser itself can even accept javascript changes to the page. I'm not sure, I've only been toying with rainmeter for a few days so I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs of the documentation.

Might poke a dev.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I'm sorry to say that WebParser can't use javascript, read here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=21215&p=113087
Skitrel

Post by Skitrel »

Booo. I thought that was probably going to be the case, thanks for digging that up for me, it probably saved a bunch of time wasted trying to work it out.

Now the last thing I want to solve for the time being is why this is causing ungodly high cpu spikes whenever it can't find a page or when spotify displays adverts for a period of time. I assume the webparser is repetitively attempting to access something without inputs during this time. It's actually crashed my rainmeter entirely once or twice.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

There's no other way to obtain those lyrics?

I see they have an API, so, depending what you need, for your personal use, or not, there may be other possibilities.
Penetros

Post by Penetros »

If it's useful to anyone there is a simple solution to hide it when it's not playing music.

Code: Select all

[IsPlaying1]
Measure = Plugin
Plugin = SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type = Playing
IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction =!Execute [!HideMeterGroup "Music"]

[IsPlaying2]
Measure = Plugin
Plugin = SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type = Playing
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction =!Execute [!ShowMeterGroup "Music"]

[MeasureProcess]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=Spotify.exe
IfEqualValue=-1
IfEqualAction =!Execute [!HideMeterGroup "Music"]
Add that pretty much anywhere, I've had it at top or bottom so not sure if it matters but I doubt it.

Add
Group=Music
to the Meter (there's only one in this app)

This was working great for me but in testing some stuff I seem to have made musixmatch block me as I was refreshing it too fast so now I just get timeouts, hoping it resolves itself by tomorrow as most people with the same issue never get responses or check back and I doubt they ever bothered to see it was timing out and just noticed it says 'Searching...' constantly.

Thanks for everyone helped make this work so far in the thread, hard to give up spotify but it's hard to find stuff for it working with rainmeter :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

The idea is ok, but I have two remarks about your code:
1. you can use one single measure instead of [IsPlaying1] and [IsPlaying2]:

[IsPlaying1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Playing
IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction=[!HideMeterGroup "Music"]
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!ShowMeterGroup "Music"]
or even better, using the IfConditions:

[IsPlaying1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=Playing
IfCondition=(IsPlaying1=0)
IfTrueAction=[!HideMeterGroup "Music"]
IfFalseAction=[!ShowMeterGroup "Music"]
2. don't use the !Execute bang, because it is deprecated.
Penetros

Post by Penetros »

So I thought yesterday I broke it because I'd only either get timeouts or regexp errors.

I followed the WebParser guide to try to fix it and find out what I need by using Debug=2 and commenting out RegExp since I keep getting RegExp -1 error.

The lyrics aren't actually anywhere on the page I get from WebParserDump.txt instead it just references scripts in it's place but the lyrics are nowhere to be found. I tried this a few times and saw the same thing with different sites.

I'm not sure if they changed the way they handle or if I did something wrong so I went back to the original code OP posted on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainmeter/comments/3s22rc/spotify_lyrics/

I get the same results with this version or deriving with the help of the first page what was originally posted here.

Since the WebParserDump.txt doesn't show the lyrics I assume it won't be possible to get them this way anymore