It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:05 am

Circle Launcher 2.4 icon not launching .exe

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
pochbarone

Circle Launcher 2.4 icon not launching .exe

Post by pochbarone »

Hi, I'm using Circle Launcher 2.4
I'm having problem getting just one of my icons working. It's the Hearthstone icon.

I've tried setting the path to the application directly, but since it needs the Battle.net launcher to work, it's useless.

I even tried getting the Battle.net launcher executed by the icon, with no luck.

The following is the Hearthstone's style sheet (when you right-click > edit skin):

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Author=http://Lybrica.deviantart.com/
@include=#@#Variables.inc

[Image]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=2
X=0
Y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=#Hearthstone#
The next is the variable's path:

Code: Select all

[Variables]

BattlefieldFour=["D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe"]
CSGO=["steam://rungameid/730"]
GTAV=["steam://rungameid/271590"]
Heartstone=["D:\Hearthstone\Hearthstone Beta Launcher.exe"]
LeagueofLegends=["D:\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe"]
TheWitcher3=[D:\GalaxyClient\GalaxyClient.exe /gameId=1207664643 /command=launch /path="C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt"] 
Every single icon works, except the Hearthstone or Battle.net one. (i've only left the hearthstone up, while trying to fix it).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Circle Launcher 2.4 icon not launching .exe

Post by balala »

There's a bug in the code: in the Normal.ini (and same in the Style 1.ini and Style 2.ini), the LeftMouseUpAction is set this way: LeftMouseUpAction=#Hearthstone#. But in the #@#Variables.inc you don't have a Hearthstone variable, but instead you have a Heartstone (is missing a h). So, the simplest fix would be to modify (in the #@#Variables.inc) the Heartstone to Hearthstone (adding a h), then refresh the skin.
About the other not-working icon it looks to be ok, so are you sure you've entered the correct path? I added a path and it worked, so check the path (and filename).
pochbarone

Post by pochbarone »

Thank you so much. I can't believe i didn't see that error, it was driving me mad.

As to the other path, I was trying with the same line "Heartstone" with the battle.net path (i only have HS installed so all i really wanted was the launcher either way.

Thank you!!!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

You're welcome. But maybe it would be a good idea to report this bug to the author of the skin. You can do that on the DeviantArt, where you've downloaded the skin installer.
felix.feneley

Post by felix.feneley »

Whenever I launch an app via the icon, it brings up the folder that the app is in but does not activate it?
Help please?

spotify.ini

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
Author=http://Lybrica.deviantart.com/

[Image]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=spotify0_button
X=0
Y=0
LeftMouseUpAction=#Spotify#

Variables in @resources

Spotify=["C:\Users\felix.feneley\AppData\Roaming\SpotifyLauncher.exe"]
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

I think...

[Variables]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:I think...

[Variables]
Usually indeed we're using this form, placing the @include option into the [Variables] section, but placing it to the [Rainmeter] section (as Lybrica - the author of the Circle Launcher skin - and felix.feneley did), will work as well. Other is the problem.
felix.feneley, try to replace the value of the Spotify variable into the Variables.inc file, to the path of some else exe file you have on your computer. Choose one and add its path, to the Spotify variable. Don't change anything else. Try to see if the new app is launched when you click the icon.
I want you to try this, because I don't have Spotify installed (so I can't check), but if I'm not wrong I read once something about some trick which could be used to launch Spotify. Unfortunately because I wasn't interested, I have no idea when and where did I read that, but I think I did once.
So it does work with another app?
felix.feneley

Post by felix.feneley »

I tried using the rainmeter.exe file in the spotify path but still nothing happens? it doesn't open the folder that its in but it just doenst run anything
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

felix.feneley wrote:I tried using the rainmeter.exe file in the spotify path but still nothing happens? it doesn't open the folder that its in but it just doenst run anything
That's not a good idea, because if you're using the Circle Launcher skin, Rainmeter is running. Please try with another app.