It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 5:02 pm

How to show text on the Screen Display ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Naruto

Re: How to show text on the Screen Display ?

Post by Naruto »

Done.
Thanks a lot man.
Last Question: Can i run the SkinToShowHide from the main skin without needing to run it manually? i.e. running a skin from another skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Naruto wrote:Last Question: Can i run the SkinToShowHide from the main skin without needing to run it manually? i.e. running a skin from another skin.
Of course. You have to use the !ActivateConfig bang. Eg: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "illustro\Clock" "Clock.ini" ] (this is the example from the manual) will load the Clock skin, from the illustro\Clock config.
Naruto

Post by Naruto »

Can i make this bang with the main skin load(not update), i searched a lot and found nothing? To make both skin start with each other without the need to press a button to start the other skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Naruto wrote:Can i make this bang with the main skin load(not update), i searched a lot and found nothing? To make both skin start with each other without the need to press a button to start the other skin.
Add to the [Rainmeter] section of the first skin this: OnRefreshAction=[!ActivateConfig "TheOtherConfig" "Its-ini-file.ini"] and to the second skin this: OnRefreshAction=[!ActivateConfig "TheFirstConfig" "Its-ini-file.ini"] (use the proper config and file names). When you load any of these skin, the other will be automaticaly loaded.
Obviously you can make just one skin to load the other, vice-versa not, if you add the OnRefreshAction to just one of the skins.
Naruto

Post by Naruto »

Thanks a lot my hero.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

You're welcome. And if you'll have any other question, just let me know. I'll try to help.
Robnarok

Post by Robnarok »

just got unto rainmeter recently and came across this thread and my question is mostly related but different, here it is:
i created a quotes skin and ive put in text and the skin is running but i have two problems
1, the displayed quote runs on a straight line and for long quotes it looks stupid so is there a way i can control the length? and
2, i have more than one quote on it but only the first one gets displayed, is there anyway i can make them shuffle? thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Robnarok wrote: March 12th, 2019, 3:17 pm 1, the displayed quote runs on a straight line and for long quotes it looks stupid so is there a way i can control the length? and
Set a width and a height on the String meter which shows the quote, adding a W and H option with the desired values. Also add a ClipString=1 option.
Robnarok wrote: March 12th, 2019, 3:17 pm 2, i have more than one quote on it but only the first one gets displayed, is there anyway i can make them shuffle? thanks.
You have to add a Quote plugin measure and show up the value returned by that Quote plugin with a String meter. For example if the quotes are stored into the Quotes.txt file, placed into the @Resources folder, the following measure returns one of them:

Code: Select all

[MeasureQuote]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuotePlugin
PathName=#@#Quotes.txt
UpdateDivider=30
Now a String meter which refers to this measure will show up the quote:

[MeterQuote]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureQuote
X=0
Y=0
Padding=15,5,15,5
FontColor=220,220,220
FontEffectColor=0,0,0
StringEffect=Shadow
SolidColor=0,0,0,150
FontSize=8
FontFace=Segoe UI
StringStyle=BOLD
StringAlign=LEFT
AntiAlias=1
Text=%1
If there is something you can't figure out, please post the code you have so far, for more specific help.
Robnarok

Post by Robnarok »

heres what my configuration looks like

[Rainmeter]
Author=Rob

[Metadata]
Name= Inspirational Quotes
Author= Rob Darlington
Information= Displays inspirational quotes
License=
Version= 1.0.0

[QuoteStyle]
StringStyle=BOLDITALIC
FontFace=Bookman Old Style
FontEffectColor=000000FF
FontColor=FFFFFFFF
StringEffect=BORDER
FontSize=14
AntiAlias=1

[Options]
Transparent=1
Timer=15
Left=0
Right=0
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=QuoteStyle
Text= Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. — George Addair
Text= Who you spend your time with will have a great impact on what kind of life you live. Spend time with the right people. – Joel Osteen
Text= It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
Text= Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. – C.S. Lewis
Text= Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett
Last edited by balala on March 12th, 2019, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever you are posting code snippets. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Robnarok wrote: March 12th, 2019, 3:43 pm heres what my configuration looks like
Not very sure what that is, because there is no meter but a skin without meters can't be used.
Or the last code, posted as a quotation is the String meter. If it is, its name is missing. If this is correct, you have to take care that you can't add five Text options to a single String meter, all options must be unique.
Please post the code once again. All the code, from beginning to its end.