It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:33 am

Problem with WebParser: RegExp matching error (-1)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Brian
Developer

Re: Problem with WebParser: RegExp matching error (-1)

Post by Brian »

Droyk, eclectic-tech is completely right.

The RSS only contains 24 items, therefore when you ask Webparser to grab the 25th item, there is nothing to be found.

It is completely possible that the RSS feed did at one time contain 25 (or more) items you are looking for, but at some point it dropped to 24 items....hence your warning in the log.

Now, if that RSS feed only displays a max amount of 24 items, then you should totally delete that 25th stringindex measure, and the meter that displays.

So to summarize, if the feed regularly displays 25 or more items your are looking for, then there is no need to fix anything at all. However, if the feed only displays a max of 24 items, then that warning will always appear, and you can safely delete your 25th stringindex measure, and the meter that is bound to it.

Make sense?

-Brian
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

Thanxx for explaining it
eclectic-tech should have said it in easier forum as u did
my english is not that good

actually now i will tell what is the reason i want to fix the measures
1) the browser rss feed extension shows all complete 25 rss feed
and
2) RainRegExp showing all complete 25 feeds
So now why is that RainRegExp showing complete 25 feeds but from your explanation it should have 24 of them right now but it doesn't have 24 of them it have full 25 rss feeds

So NO the rss doesn't contains 24 of them. the rss contain 25 of them i am seeing them right now with my browser extension and
RainRegExp

u should open RainRegExp
right now and see yourself u just have to open it and Paste the link given below and paste the parse given below
here is the link

Code: Select all

http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20rss%20where%20url=%22https://kat.cr/games/?rss=1%22
and here is the

Parse

(?siU)<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>.*<item.*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>)(?(?=.*<item).*<title.*>(.*)</title>.*<link.*>(.*)</link>) 
it will only take your 2 minutes that's all
that's all it will take
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

Will someone plz help me :?
i am not lying guys i just want some help !
that's all i really need right now plz :(
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

With your URL & posted RegExp, my RainRegExp fails...

"Error = 1: Could not match all searches."

If you remove the last 2 lookaheads from the regexp, then RainRegExp will return 25 items and links.

Also, your RegExp was originally written to expect a Feed Title and Feed Link, then capture the first 'item' and 'link', then use lookahead for more items.
However, you are using yahoo query language to get a list from the site. The list does not contain a Feed Title & Feed Link, so the first index is actually the first item and link.

I have a feeling your StringIndexes and measures do not match to the items you think they do...
Your FeedTitle and FeedLink measures are actually your first ITEM & LINK.

How many captures is totally dependent on what the webparser see on the website. If there are only 24 items seen by the webparser, that is all it will return.

I would check all of your measures for a correct StringIndexes, I believe you will find a mismatch.

If it is still returning warnings, perhaps post your entire skin package to see if others have the same issue.
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

okay
here is the new parse [this is the other one i am using] ( means a fully correct one )

(?siU)<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*<item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item>.*<title>(.*)</title>.*<link>(.*)</link>.*</item> 
and here is the link for the package

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7DED3594CFE70046!123&authkey=!AJQi7Ms-GI0ISW4&ithint=file%2crar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Droyk, I hope you will understand the following to correct your warning messages.

Your problem is exactly as I stated above: your stringindexes and measures do not match.

Your RexExp is written to capturing 50 items: 1 <{feed}title> + 1 <{feed}link> + 24 {item}titles + 24 {item}links.

What you are actually capturing is 25 item titles and 25 item links.

There is NO {Feed}Title, and there is NO {Feed}Link!

In the code, you have measures with StringIndex=1 continuing up to StringIndex=52 ? !

You are capturing 50 items, but have measures for 52, that is why you are seeing the warning about "Not enough substrings".

To fix:

Remove StringIndex=1 from the [Feed] measure.
Remove the next measure [FeedURL] completely; you never use it in your code, and it is not needed.

[FeedURL]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=[Feed]
StringIndex=2
Substitute=#SubstituteFeed#
Then starting with the next measure [MeasureItem1] change each of the StringIndex numbers to StringIndex=1 through 50 (2 less than they are now set):

[MeasureItem1]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[Feed]
StringIndex=1

[MeasureLink1]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[Feed]
StringIndex=2
Substitute=#SubstituteLink#

---

Change the Title meters, because you do not have a feed title measure (your first capture is the 1st item title):

; METERS

[Title]
Meter=STRING
; MeasureName=Feed
Text="#RSS4title#"
Y=-40
FontColor=#Color1#
FontSize=25
FontFace=Bellerose
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=SHADOW

[TitleActive]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Title
; MeasureName=Feed
FontColor=#ColorActive#
StringEffect=SHADOW
Hidden=1

This will eliminate the warning messages and correctly index your item titles and item links with your measures.

There are a few other changes I would recommend, but first let's get the warning messages eliminated...
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

Thanxx Actually I Tried This Method 2 days ago
What i did wrong was i didn't delete the FeedURL and give the FeedURL the string value 1
Then my rss feed gives me only the links .....Then i lost all hope

[FeedURL]
Measure=Plugin
Url=[Feed]
StringIndex=1
Now i really understand what i was doing wrong thanxx eclectic-tech for giving precious time in this ... :rosegift:
thanxxx for that :rosegift: :) ;-)
but there is a mistake in your method from your method u said it will give 25 feeds ,so yes it is giving me 25 feeds but it is actually giving me only 24 feeds , the the 1st feed is the title of Rss feed

Here is the proof

Edit :Sorry it was my fault eclectic-tech acutally what i did was
i was using this url for getting the feeds http://kass.filesoup.co.uk/games/?rss=1
now i used my previous one so now its working fine http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20rss%20where%20url=%22https://kat.cr/games/?rss=1%22

So now can u plz tell me one month ago it was just running fine there was no need to do anything means no need to change anything ,the measure items ,no needs to change feed url ,and etc .....

So can u plz tell me the reason behind this.............?

1) The site changes (site updatetation)
2) Or site url changes (as described above I used another site url and it give me the 1st feed the rss title)
3) And can u plz tell me what is the difference b/w the original site url and these url's
http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20rss%20where%20url=%22https://kat.cr/games/?rss=1%22
And
http://kass.filesoup.co.uk/games/?rss=1

Some Questions
1) And now u will ask why are you not using the original site url to getting the feed’s ?
Answer) I really wanted to use it but the original site the original site giving me this errorImage
2) What are the other things U are talking about?

And Once again Thanxx for GIVING ME YOUR PRECIOUS TIME :rosegift: :) ;-) :great:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Droyk wrote:...So now can u plz tell me one month ago it was just running fine there was no need to do anything means no need to change anything ,the measure items ,no needs to change feed url ,and etc .....

So can u plz tell me the reason behind this.............?

1) The site changes (site updatetation)
2) Or site url changes (as described above I used another site url and it give me the 1st feed the rss title)
3) And can u plz tell me what is the difference b/w the original site url and these url's
And
http://kass.filesoup.co.uk/games/?rss=1
Question 1 & 2:
From your earlier discussion, I believe the site changed and the WebParser was not able to read any info. That is why it stopped working.

Question 3:
Your original URL was getting info directly from the feed in RSS format AND it included a Feed Title and Feed Link.

The new URL is using Yahoo Query Language to 'query/question' the same site information, but the format is slightly different. So your original RegExp worked, but the information returned was different; Feed Title and Feed Link where actually the first ITEM & Link.

Because you no longer had the first 2 stringIndexes, Feed Title & Link, your last 2 measures had no information, which generated the "Not enough substring" warning.
Droyk wrote:Some Questions
1) And now u will ask why are you not using the original site url to getting the feed’s ?
Answer) I really wanted to use it but the original site the original site giving me this errorImage
2) What are the other things U are talking about?
Question 1:
You can not use the original URL because the site changed and will not let the WebParser get any info.
Using Yahoo Query Language was a "workaround" and is the only way to get this working unless the website changes.

Question 2: (Minor changes)
The code you sent me did not show the RSS Title, the Y value was set to -40 (above the top of the skin). Deleting the Y=-40 line from the [Title] meter put it visible at the top.

I corrected the @include for the variables.inc file, for my install, to:
@include=#SKINSPATH#\Reader4\UserVariables.inc

You do not have the 2 variables for Substitutes (#SubstituteFeed# & #SubstituteLink#) defined anywhere, so I commented out all of the 'Substitution=...' lines, on my copy, to eliminate errors in the log.

The code was written several years ago, it works fine, but Rainmeter has evolved, and some of the code could be simplified.
But I think, for now, it is best to leave it as it is and working...

That's enough for now, Cheers! :thumbup:
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

I have the same code i sent U and for me the rss title is working
and that what happens if i delete Y=-40

and the code was written on 2010
it's not that old but yeah 5 years changes everything ;-)

SO HERE IT ENDS GUYS !! THANXX ALL THE PEOPLE WHO PUTS THEIR PRECIOUS TIME ON THIS !!
THANXX :great: :rosegift: :thumbup: :welcome: ;-)
Droyk

Post by Droyk »

Hey guys i think they updated their site
and now even the yahoo api is not working

So Does Anyone Have Any Ideas Or Any Other Apis