It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:46 pm

Skin help, WebParser RegExp matching error

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
EquusEbon

Re: Skin help, WebParser RegExp matching error

Post by EquusEbon »

Chris7117 wrote:Hi community! I am wondering if you can help me with an issue that I believe is also causing a memory leak. If you need more info than is provided, please ask!
I didn't think about it just now, but did you reconcile the folder structure? When I first "installed" the whole thing on my Windows 10 rig, I saw a lot of issues...until I went into the folders and .ini files to make sure the skins were looking in the right folders. I am thinking that the way Rainmeter looks for resources now was not the way it looked for resources when the skin was made. Just a guess, mind you, but it might fix a lot of those errors if you did some careful rearranging.

My folder structure is [currentuser]\documents\rainmeter\skins\Mass Effect, with all skin subfolders and files located there. I think of it as "root" for the skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EquusEbon wrote:Well, that didn't work. I tried using a classic map I saw at https://weather.com/maps/currentusweather, with the image itself named WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg. But, without knowing what the URI of that file is, I'm stumped.
The URL of that image is this: https://dsx.weather.com/util/image/map/WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h=720&api=7db9fe61-7414-47b5-9871-e17d87b8b6a0
You have to enter this into the Mass Effect\Launcher\Applications.txt file, as the rURL variable. Then refresh your skin.
One additional thing I'd do, would be to add a PreserveAspectRatio=1 option to the [Radar] meter of the Weather+Radar\WeatherForecast+Radar.ini skin. Otherwise the image (which has a different aspect ratio than the previous one) will be distort.
First of all, please try this to see if it helps. Then we'll see your further questions...
EquusEbon

Post by EquusEbon »

balala wrote:The URL of that image is this: https://dsx.weather.com/util/image/map/WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg?v=ap&w=1280&h=720&api=7db9fe61-7414-47b5-9871-e17d87b8b6a0
You have to enter this into the Mass Effect\Launcher\Applications.txt file, as the rURL variable. Then refresh your skin.
One additional thing I'd do, would be to add a PreserveAspectRatio=1 option to the [Radar] meter of the Weather+Radar\WeatherForecast+Radar.ini skin. Otherwise the image (which has a different aspect ratio than the previous one) will be distort.
Ok, I'm a man of simple pleasures, because I want to pop the cork on a bottle of champagne!! That worked exactly as advertised. Being a relative noob at the whole scripting idea, does it matter where the PreserveAspectRatio option is placed? I tacked it in just before the last line of the script block:

Code: Select all

[Radar]
Meter=IMAGE
MeasureName=RadarMeasure
X=9
Y=58
W=310
H=219
PreserveAspectRatio=1
hidden=1
Admittedly, it is not as pretty as the old image "album" was, with the white legend banner slapped across the top, but at least it gets updated again. I might decide to try the national satellite image later, now that I know that I shouldn't ignore the question marked string tagged onto the end of the image filename.

This is how the radar window looks now:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You might be able to use ImageCrop to wack off that white header area at the top if you want.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeterRadar]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg
ImageCrop=0,129,1280,591
W=600
PreserveAspectRatio=1
1.png
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/general-options/image-options/#ImageCrop

The important thing to wrap your head around with ImageCrop is that the area you define is what you are "keeping", not what you are "cropping off".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EquusEbon wrote:Ok, I'm a man of simple pleasures, because I want to pop the cork on a bottle of champagne!! That worked exactly as advertised. Being a relative noob at the whole scripting idea, does it matter where the PreserveAspectRatio option is placed? I tacked it in just before the last line of the script block:
No, it doesn't. In the sections of an ini formated file, each option can be placed anywhere in that section, important is to be there. You can place it first, last or anywhere between the first and last option.
EquusEbon wrote:Admittedly, it is not as pretty as the old image "album" was, with the white legend banner slapped across the top, but at least it gets updated again. I might decide to try the national satellite image later, now that I know that I shouldn't ignore the question marked string tagged onto the end of the image filename.
As jsmorley said, just add his ImageCrop=0,129,1280,591 option to the [Radar] meter. But if you do so, another problem will occur: when you'll click the Radar tab of the skin (to see the downloaded image), the Feels like string from the Weather tab will remain visible. The simplest solution to "vanish" it, would be to add to the same [Radar] meter a SolidColor=0,0,0 option, which will fill the surface of the image meter uncovered by the image itself, with a black background. This will cover the Feels like string.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Only a rant... and mostly OT.
But...
Left aside that it's free for all and keeping up with the times is also good, I don't understand the reason why they also change maps and feeds with the aesthetic part of the interface.

I made a similar skin, after having searched for all the references and data to set it up properly, now I have to throw it away and start from scratch, only because they changed satellite images and all the related references. :twisted:

On the other side, the "old" references are still online, if you want an outdated skin... :sly:

Seems that the trend is to break anything that works, in all sectors, programs, operating systems, web...
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:...
As jsmorley said, just add his ImageCrop=0,129,1280,591 option to the [Radar] meter. But if you do so, another problem will occur: when you'll click the Radar tab of the skin (to see the downloaded image), the Feels like string from the Weather tab will remain visible. The simplest solution to "vanish" it, would be to add to the same [Radar] meter a SolidColor=0,0,0 option, which will fill the surface of the image meter uncovered by the image itself, with a black background. This will cover the Feels like string.
Why not Mask Image?
EquusEbon

Post by EquusEbon »

jsmorley wrote:WEB_Current_Weather_Map_1280x720.jpg

The important thing to wrap your head around with ImageCrop is that the area you define is what you are "keeping", not what you are "cropping off".
Ahh, nice suggestion, thank you! While I was futzing, I went ahead and "found" more radar images that could be used. Funny that I couldn't find a view centered on Hawaii at weather.com the same way.
I left the comment marks in, in case anyone wanted to copy, then replace-paste the old defunct imwx stuff in their Mass Effect Application.txt file. Now that I think of it...the same could be done in any skin that also has the same 'dead' information in it.

Weather.com has consolidated a lot of the views...I also could not find Europe, India, Italy, Japan, Northern Europe / Germany, Russia, Scandinavia, US-East Central, US-North Central, US-Central, US-South Central, US-Northwest, US-Southwest, or US-West Central views.
Last edited by EquusEbon on January 14th, 2017, 4:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EquusEbon

Post by EquusEbon »

balala wrote: As jsmorley said, just add his ImageCrop=0,129,1280,591 option to the [Radar] meter. But if you do so, another problem will occur: when you'll click the Radar tab of the skin (to see the downloaded image), the Feels like string from the Weather tab will remain visible. The simplest solution to "vanish" it, would be to add to the same [Radar] meter a SolidColor=0,0,0 option, which will fill the surface of the image meter uncovered by the image itself, with a black background. This will cover the Feels like string.
I had wondered about that, when I first tried to figure out on my own how to obtain a new image. I thought it was there all the time before, but the successfully displayed image just covered it up. Since I was not successfully displaying an image, that quirk stood out like a sore thumb on a sea cucumber. :rofl: