It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 4:27 pm

Weather Radar skin help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Laaglander

Re: Weather Radar skin help

Post by Laaglander »

great work!! .. You have already 1 user ;-)
scub

Post by scub »

got a bit carried away and turned it into a radar "interactive" loop/player. added a pause, stop, close, enlarge, refresh buttons,..

p.s to use skin, extract folder to skins and enable radar/radar.ini
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by scub on May 29th, 2015, 11:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
scub

Post by scub »

added going between reverse and forward radar frames, and all the buttons work and change accordingly (ie pause changes button to play, changing between frames, etc) updated the zip for anyone who wants it.

i may tweak more later on as i learn more but for now, enjoy the coolest "functional" radar i've seen for rainmeter ;)

cheers.
fish696

Post by fish696 »

Where is the updated zip file? I don't see the code for the interactions about play/pause etc.
Thanks
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

fish696 wrote:Where is the updated zip file? I don't see the code for the interactions about play/pause etc.
Thanks
'Scub' hasn't been active since June of last year, so I doubt he will answer this... :D

There isn't a zip skin, so the best you can do is download jsmorley's rmskin from the earlier post, and modify it...
Modifying is the fun of working with Rainmeter! :sly:

If you need help with that just post any problems in the 'Help' section of these forums...
lhurst5240

Post by lhurst5240 »

Hi everyone:
I'm new to rainmeter so far it has been a blast to use. Can someone point me in the right direction. I like the weather radar skin, but would love to use a different service (ie NWS). How can I do that? Thank you for time and consideration.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

lhurst5240 wrote: August 17th, 2022, 11:47 pm Hi everyone:
I'm new to rainmeter so far it has been a blast to use. Can someone point me in the right direction. I like the weather radar skin, but would love to use a different service (ie NWS). How can I do that? Thank you for time and consideration.
You can use my NWS skin as a starting place to get all of the information in the measure values, then modify the Radar weather meters to use those measure values.

Here is a snippet of the log showing a few of the measure values returned by the regional variant.
nws-regional.png
TWC returns much more info than NWS, so you may have to limit what shows in the radar skin
I haven't look at that radar skin in a long time. :Whistle

:oops: Sorry but my NWS skins do not include radar images. I believe images may be available from the NWS site, but most getting them to use in this radar skin may be difficult.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.