It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:50 am

How to load a skin using another skin?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shAdowz

How to load a skin using another skin?

Post by shAdowz »

Hi guys! I've been exploring with the codes in Rainmeter. I wonder if you can load a skin using a skin, like if I click the skin, it would load another skin. I have read in the guides that there is a bang, !Show or !ShowFade. I tried doing this in the code of my skin but it didn't load the other skin I wanted it to load.

Is there anything I did wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!

BTW I'm new. :welcome:

Here's the code...

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]

Update=1000

[MeterButtonImage]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\Button.png
W=200
H=200
ImageAlpha=255
LeftMouseDownAction=!ShowFade "MySkin\Icons\Firefox\Firefox.ini"
fonpaolo

Re: How to load a skin using another skin?

Post by fonpaolo »

You must use this to "open":

LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "YourSkinFolder\YourSkinSubFolder" "YourSkin.ini"]
...and this to "close":

LeftMouseUpAction=[!DeactivateConfig "YourSkinFolder\YourSkinSubFolder" "YourSkin.ini"]
Obviously, you need two image/button meters with the command, one to load and one to unload the skin.

Better if you use LeftMouseUpAction, because you can't drag your skins using "Down".
shAdowz

Post by shAdowz »

@fonpaolo Thanks for the reply. So I can't activate and deactivate a config with the same skin? What if I make 2 meters in one skin where one would activate and the other will deactivate?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

shAdowz wrote:@fonpaolo Thanks for the reply. So I can't activate and deactivate a config with the same skin? What if I make 2 meters in one skin where one would activate and the other will deactivate?
Rainmeter has 3 bangs available to control activating/deactivating inactive skins: !ActivateConfig, !DeActivateConfig, & !ToggleConfig

You do not need 2 meters, you can use !ToggleConfig to alternately activate/deactivate a config:

LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "YourSkinFolder\YourSkinSubFolder" "YourSkin.ini"]
Once a skin is active, you can use the bangs that work on active configs; !ShowFade, !HideFade, etc.
shAdowz

Post by shAdowz »

Thanks guys. Got what I needed. I made a button in the center of the screen. When I click it, it will show the other skins I did, which I programmed to be icons that open folders or programs. Thanks again. :D
DukeFleck

Post by DukeFleck »

Hi there ! I'm pretty new to rainmeter and coding in general, and i'd like to do a skin opening a folder-skin that then would open the folder (i'm using honeycomb) and i'm pretty interrested in your code to see how to do so !
Cheers and thanks !
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

DukeFleck wrote:Hi there ! I'm pretty new to rainmeter and coding in general, and i'd like to do a skin opening a folder-skin that then would open the folder (i'm using honeycomb) and i'm pretty interrested in your code to see how to do so !
Cheers and thanks !

Any one of the honeycomb skins/meters can utilise the code in this thread to open another skin.

If you want to open a folder that exists in windows just use this:

LeftMouseDownAction=["drive:\foldername\(if needed)filename.extension"]
Last edited by Mor3bane on October 29th, 2016, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

there are these also:

MiddleMouseDoubleClickAction=
MiddleMouseDownAction=
MiddleMouseUpAction=
MouseLeaveAction=
MouseOverAction=
LeftMouseUpAction=
LeftMouseDownAction=
LeftMouseDoubleClickAction=
RightMouseDoubleClickAction=
RightMouseDownAction=
RightMouseUpAction=
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
xcylo

Post by xcylo »

Hey! I'm currently trying to use a skin to load an entire folder of skins. Is there any way to do that without having to load each individual skin one by one?
Thanks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

xcylo wrote:Hey! I'm currently trying to use a skin to load an entire folder of skins. Is there any way to do that without having to load each individual skin one by one?
Thanks.
You can use skin group bangs to do this. Read here about Groups, and follow the link that explains skin groups.

You would simply need to add all of the skins you want to control to the same named group, by adding Group=[i]MySkinGroupName[/i] to the [Rainmeter] section of every skin. The name can be anything: GroupA, MySkins, etc. but I would recommend sticking to alphanumeric characters (a~z_0~9).