It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:56 am

How do I change rss feed source in downloaded skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
barbaraebj

How do I change rss feed source in downloaded skin

Post by barbaraebj »

I downloaded a skin that someone else created -- VClouds RSS, specifically.

The programmer added 4 feeds and I want to change one of them to another RSS feed, one that is not one of the other 3 already.

This programmer didn't use a direct style of coding with the actual source feed's real url, but instead appears to be referencing a rainmeter database of feeds. I can't for the life of me figure out how to also access that database to see what other choices I might have or whether I should just change all the code to a more direct version accessing a specific external source.

It would be most informative to me if I could figure out the method this programmer used, since I can already figure out how to do it the more independent way.

Anyone know about this rainmeter database of feeds or what else he may have been accessing?

I can copy in some of the code, but figured I would save myself (not sure if the code would try to execute something here if I don't comment it out) a little trouble by waiting to see if you need it or are familiar with the VClouds skins already.
Barbara E Bj
Delaware City, DE USA
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I change rss feed source in downloaded skin

Post by balala »

In the skin's folder you have four subfolders: Reader1, Reader2, Reader3 and Reader4. Each one of them contains a UserVariables.inc file. Open any of them and enter to the RSS1, RSS2, RSS3 or RSS4 the url of the needed RSS feed. Refresh the proper skin.
Cusanus

Re: How do I change rss feed source in downloaded skin

Post by Cusanus »

What I see is a file called @resources under the skin name and a subfolder of that called Configs. A file there is called VARS-reader.inc which has the URL feeds that you can edit. Hope that helps someone.