It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:54 am

Automatic Color Change.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CyberTheWorm

Re: Automatic Color Change.

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Leon James wrote:hy guyzz......i need to change the border colour automatically.....please help me to change its colour.....i dont know the codding of the skins.......
this is the skin code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=Media Maggot | Daelnz

[Metadata]
Name=Border
Information=Border Image in 1366 x 768
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Version=1.1.0

[MeterBackground]
Meter=image
Imagename=border 1366x768.png
Antialias=1
Position=On Desktop
That is an image, so unless something else is changing that file to colour will never change
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Not only, as CyberTheWorm said, you're trying to change the color at an image, but Position=On Desktop is wrong.
Using a bang it's !ZPos, however, I think you're trying to set the position of the skin "On desktop" and this is done with right click on the skin and then Manage skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Leon James wrote:hy guyzz......i need to change the border colour automatically.....please help me to change its colour.....i dont know the codding of the skins.......
CyberTheWorm's probably right, you can't change the color of an image (or maybe within some limits you could, using the ColorMatrix options, but that's too complicated and probably doesn't even worth).
But depending on the incriminated image, maybe it could be replaced with a Shape meter. Please first post the border 1366x768.png image, to can see if I'm right and it really could be replaced by a proper Shape meter.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

No balala, I know it very well, it's a border image all around the desktop, the center is transparent.
I doubt you can change the color of only one portion of it.

The Shape meter is (almost) doable, you need to fill the internal of the border with some gradients...

Edit, if you want to try...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:No balala, I know it very well, it's a border image all around the desktop, the center is transparent.

The Shape meter is (almost) doable, you need to fill the internal of the border with some gradients...

Well, that indeed looks complicated enough to not worth to create it with a Shape meter. I didn't know the image, that's why at a first look I though maybe a properly created Shape meter could help, but it seems it can't.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:Well, that indeed looks complicated enough to not worth to create it with a Shape meter. I didn't know the image, that's why at a first look I though maybe a properly created Shape meter could help, but it seems it can't.
Doh!
I have to admit that if someone had done it for me, he would've saved me to do it myself in future... and it's not only one!
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Maybe I can (partially) help, Leon James:
What color do you need?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

fonpaolo wrote:No balala, I know it very well, it's a border image all around the desktop, the center is transparent.

You could use the Chameleon plugin and ImageTint to automatically color the image based on your wallpaper:

Code: Select all

[MeterBackground]
Meter=image
Imagename="border 1366x768.png"
Antialias=1
ImageTint=[mBorderColor]
DynamicVariables=1

[ChameleonDesktop]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Type=Desktop
DynamicVariables=1

[mBorderColor]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Chameleon
Parent=ChameleonDesktop
Format=Dec
Color=Dark1
OnChangeAction=[!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

Since the interior image is invisible, the ImageTint only affects the border.This example uses Chameleon, but you could manually set the image tint to any color, and set it to greyscale first, if it is tinted.

EDIT: To use a different preset color in Chameleon modify 'Color=' to: Light1, Light2, Dark1, or Dark2.
:welcome:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:You could use the Chameleon plugin and ImageTint to automatically color the image based on your wallpaper:
Well eclectic-tech, using the ImageTint option seems a good idea. I never used it, in those few cases when I tried to achieve something like this, I tried with ColorMatrix, but it seemed complicated enough to renounce very soon.
My conclusion, again: there's always something new to be learned.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks eclectic-tech for the suggestion, I had also thought about it, but I never used it and I was thinking it would've changed the color of the whole skin, regardless of the transparent parts.