Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bill98

Re: Automatic Color Change.

Post by bill98 »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bill98 wrote:Sorry, I forget. How do I do that?
What? Posting the link? With copy - paste (copy the url from FileFactory and paste it here)! But you've done this previously.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

See 2 messages previous for .rmskin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bill98 wrote:CSNO is stored/reaset by the Scheme(1-4).inc files. PGMLauncher Includes them in VariablesM2.inc by LeftMouseUpAction at lines 2532 and subs. Doesn't that do it?
It's a complicated skin to see all that's happening, but I'm still have the impression that CSNO variable is not properly set. The skin can't use its value. Eg if I add to RGBScr1.ini a string meter with

Code: Select all

Text=#CSNO#
DynamicVariables=1
it shows #CSNO#, instead of a numerical value. In my opinion, that's what you'll have to check.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@Bill98

To get your color schemes working, you need to create a new variable in 'VariablesM2.inc' and use that as the control for color schemes, and change the @include="...".

[Variables]
CSNum=1
@Include="#@#Scheme#CSNum#.inc"
Now in the PGMLauncher skin, replace the selection meters for all 8 schemes, starting at line 2532, with these:

[ColorScheme1]
Meter=Image
Y=45r
X=-183R
W=18
H=18
;SolidColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 1 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!ReFresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme2]
Meter=Image
Y=0r
X=29R
W=20
H=20
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 2 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!Refresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme3]
Meter=Image
Y=0r
X=27R
W=20
H=20
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 3 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!Refresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme4]
Meter=Image
Y=0r
X=27R
W=20
H=20
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 4 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!Refresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme5]
Meter=Image
Y=31r
X=-162R
W=20
H=20
;SolidColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 5 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!ReFresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme6]
Meter=Image
Y=0r
X=27R
W=20
H=20
;SolidColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 6 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!Refresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme7]
Meter=Image
Y=0r
X=27R
W=20
H=20
;SolidColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 7 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!Refresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1

[ColorScheme8]
Meter=Image
Y=0r
X=27R
W=20
H=20
;SolidColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables CSNum 8 "#@#VariablesM2.inc"][!Refresh]
Group=ColorSch
Hidden=1
Now color schemes are working (for me).

A few things I changed:
Whenever you refer to '#@#...' ALWAYS enclose that in quotations; "#@#Variablesm2.inc"
Everywhere in your code, try to use "" around any path to a file.

The reason your code was not working was due to trying to change the '@include=' thinking it was a variable... it is NOT a variable, as in 'KEYWORD=VALUE'. It is a special command that inserts lines of code from another file.

What I did was to create a variable 'CSNum', change that variable's value in the LeftMouse actions, and use that in the @include...
@include="#@#Scheme#CSNum#.inc"

Let us know if you are still having problems changing the color scheme.

Aside: You include 33+Megabits of icons... making the rmskin over 34 Megabits!... Not to many people will want to download something that large. Consider selecting fewer icons to include in your final release...
bill98

Post by bill98 »

Thanks a million for all the good advice. I forgot all about that Icon file. I will make the changes and try to understand too.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

I finished all the changes and it works better than I ever thought it would!! I have several anomalies that are probably caused by something I did. I just wanted to know if they worked ok on your copy. Screen Colors Pg1, 2nd rectangle-Computer, FontColor is white, S/B Black. Yellow rectangle above Curve BG Colors label, text looks green, S/B Black. Rectangle above that 2 of 3 item texts look blue, S/B White. The 2 rectangles below title Curve BG Colors have white text, S/B black. Screen Colors Pg2, bottom rectangle, text ix missing, probably black, S/B white.

Thanks again for your invaluable help.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

Forget it, I found the extension on Bankimage missing, corrected in ana now all works well. Thanks again.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

On the RGBLD\RGBTLD.ini file, I tried to change the point where fonts become light/dark(Value 387). I can make it any number and it seems to have no effect on anything. Why?
bill98

Post by bill98 »

I still don't believe the fontcolor change routine is working. It seems to work on the first background color{Black} and keep the fontcolor white for all subsequent records(Never turning Black). How can I make the color change routine work on all records? Also, I am getting a Cal:Syntax Error on [MeasureColor].