It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:22 pm

Automatic Color Change.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Automatic Color Change.

Post by eclectic-tech »

fonpaolo wrote:Thanks eclectic-tech for the suggestion, I had also thought about it, but I never used it and I was thinking it would've changed the color of the whole skin, regardless of the transparent parts.
It is a 'brute force' way to do it, and it usually is not the most aesthetically pleasing result, but in this case, it works well on my test skin of your image... :thumbup:
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks, as balala said, there's always something new to learn. :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I believe you are going to get iffy results with ImageTint on this, and my recommendation would be to bring the original .png image into Photoshop or Gimp, or something, and do the recoloring there, where you have tons of tools. Then just use the new image.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks jsmorley, that's what I feared...
...and that's also the reason why, maybe, I can help OP to change the color, but I can't and won't create a rainbow of variants.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:I believe you are going to get iffy results with ImageTint on this, and my recommendation would be to bring the original .png image into Photoshop or Gimp, or something, and do the recoloring there, where you have tons of tools. Then just use the new image.
Probably recoloring the image into Photoshop, Gimp (or whatever) can give much better results, but the only disadvantage of a such procedure, is the impossibility of recoloring "dynamically" the image, according to the value of a variable or measure.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I doubt (or better I hope...) that one can change so often the color of an image, based on the wallpaper I don't think someone wants to change it every minute, based on a measure... really? :uhuh:
Maybe it's just me... :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:I doubt (or better I hope...) that one can change so often the color of an image, based on the wallpaper I don't think someone wants to change it every minute, based on a measure... really? :uhuh:
Maybe it's just me... :confused:
Well, I think this depends. Maybe depending on a measure which is changing slowly.
Anyway, my idea was that we can't change dynamically the color of an image recolored with any such kind of app (Photoshop, or so on).
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

balala wrote:Well, I think this depends. Maybe depending on a measure which is changing slowly.
Anyway, my idea was that we can't change dynamically the color of an image recolored with any such kind of app (Photoshop, or so on).
The only way I can think to do it, is to use three images (a sort of RGB but based on separated images) and play dynamically with alpha...
Sass

Post by Sass »

Hi

I'm quite new to Rainmeter

Apologies for asking this now.

Where do I insert the above code to make my Windows desktop better in Windows 11? I use dark mode mostly but find some pages are not allowing dark mode, thus I am unable to see my Rainmeter skin.

Thank you.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sass wrote: February 16th, 2024, 11:25 am Where do I insert the above code to make my Windows desktop better in Windows 11?
Which code would you like to insert? In any case you need a config, containing a .ini skin file and the code has to be pasted in this file. I don't know what you have on your computer, but you can create new skin this way. Then you can paste the copied code there. But once again, which code would you like to use?