It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:31 am

Looking for a working (!) skin for monitoring hardware temps

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Tannhaeuser

Looking for a working (!) skin for monitoring hardware temps

Post by Tannhaeuser »

Greetings!

I am a bit desperate when it comes to finding a skin for monitoring the hardware temperatures. :-( Yes, there are a few on Deviantart. But I didn't get a single one to work properly. In some cases it seems there are problems with the Speedfan-plugin. I don't want to use Speedfan anyway. For others I don't have an explanation.

So I am forced to use AIDA64 with drawbacks in customizing the style and the OSD always moves around the desktop when switching within my multi-monitor-setup. It sucks.
Look at the attached picture. Inside the red circle are the temps I want to monitor (this is the AIDA-OSD at the moment).

Are there ANY working skins for monitoring those temps out there? Minimal style would be even better, but it's not very important (could modify it). Help appreciated! :thumbup:

Tannhaeuser
temps.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Looking for a working (!) skin for monitoring hardware t

Post by jsmorley »

I use HWiNFO and the HWiNFO plugin for Rainmeter, and have been very pleased with it. Never had any trouble at all.

I highly recommend the latest beta version of HWiNFO and the plugin. Details at:

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105365#p105365
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Here is an example skin you can tear apart to see how to use the plugin. You will need to use the SharedMemoryViewer.exe that is included in the @Resources folder of the skin, to set the HWiNFO measures to reflect YOUR hardware.

This image will be of great help as you are setting your options:

As will this thread in general:

http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO-2-0

IMPORTANT!

This skin requires that you get and run the latest HWiNFO (portable or installed) of version 4.47 or later for your 32bit/64bit architecture from:

http://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html

DO NOT INSTALL THIS SKIN IF YOU ARE RUNNING AN EARLIER VERSION OF HWiNFO, or HAVE EXISTING SKINS that use it, and don't want to upgrade to at least 4.47. The HWiNFO plugin for Rainmeter that will be installed by this skin is incompatible with earlier versions of HWiNFO, and if you have existing HWiNFO skins you will need to extensively edit them to work with the new app and plugin.

Ok, we are all on the same page now, here is the skin:
HWiNFOcpu.rmskin
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
When you use the SharedMemoryViewer.exe program to view your sensors and what the plugin options for them are, you will have a list like this:
hw.jpg
That will give you an idea of the range of information the plugin provides. It's extensive... Memory, Motherboard, CPU, GPU, HDD drives, Fans, Network... That is for MY hardware of course, YOUR list will look a lot different. Be sure to set the [Variables] in HWiNFOVariables.inc correctly.

Feel free to ask any questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tannhaeuser

Post by Tannhaeuser »

YES! :) This is doing the magic! Already playing around with it - and it works. Well, with just one small letdown so far: After rebooting the system the IDs of my graphics card (MSI 970) has changed, so I had to edit the skin again (using "Graphite" from Deviantart as a basis at the moment). O.O But this was a single case so far. Hopefully this isn't going to be a regularity.

Thanks, mate! :thumbup:

Tannhäuser
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Tannhaeuser wrote:YES! :) This is doing the magic! Already playing around with it - and it works. Well, with just one small letdown so far: After rebooting the system the IDs of my graphics card (MSI 970) has changed, so I had to edit the skin again (using "Graphite" from Deviantart as a basis at the moment). O.O But this was a single case so far. Hopefully this isn't going to be a regularity.

Thanks, mate! :thumbup:

Tannhäuser
I used to have that issue from time to time with my GPU and HWiNFO as well. it seemed that after a "hard boot" it would sometimes come up with one of two ID numbers for it. I had to edit and toggle between them when this happened. However, the latest beta of HWiNFO and the 2.0 version of the Rainmeter plugin seems to have stopped this from happening. I haven't had the issue in a while.

Anyway, glad to help. HWiNFO is really a nice program, and although it takes some effort to find and set up the measure options you need, that is going to be true of any approach for monitoring sensors, (which vary wildly depending on the hardware) and I have found it to be really robust and reliable.