Now Rainmeter blocks and closes when they refresh or close the skin
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to create crawling text?

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:Unfortunately the problem has returned :17angry
Before, with the old code, Rainmeter blocked when the skin began to run
Now Rainmeter blocks and closes when they refresh or close the skin
Have you refreshed the skin more times, one after other?
xenium

Post by xenium »

balala wrote:Have you refreshed the skin more times, one after other?
no, I let the skin run for 2-3-4 minutes, and when I refresh or I want to close the skin, Rainmeter blocks and closes
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:no, I let the skin run for 2-3-4 minutes, and when I refresh or I want to close the skin, Rainmeter blocks and closes
Ok, let me check it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I left it to run for more then 30 minutes, then refreshed. Then closed. No problems at all. When reloaded, it started to work properly.
So, I can't say what the issue is there, but try to restart Rainmeter. I mean completely restart it.
If the issue still occurs, please pack the whole config and upload it, to can take a look.
xenium

Post by xenium »

balala wrote:I left it to run for more then 30 minutes, then refreshed. Then closed. No problems at all. When reloaded, it started to work properly.
So, I can't say what the issue is there, but try to restart Rainmeter. I mean completely restart it.
If the issue still occurs, please pack the whole config and upload it, to can take a look.
I attached the little skin that is causing my problems.
of fact is not a real skin, just a test of the code.
Sometimes it runs without any problem, refresh ok, unload ok.
When I start it again, it runs smoothly but when I give it refresh Rainmeter stops working.
Or refresh works, but when I want to close it Rainmeter stops working

We reinstalled Rainmeter again, but the same problems are happening
TestCrawlingCode_.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:I attached the little skin that is causing my problems.
I'd say the issue is caused by the UpdateRate=#UpdateRateSeconds# option of the [MeasureName] measure. If the UpdateRateSeconds variable isn't defined in the [Variables] section (and at least in the posted code it isn't), which causes the WebParser measure to be updated too often and this can cause such problems. You have two possibilities:
  • Remove the mentioned option from the [MeasureName] measure. This isn't the best solution, because if the UpdateRate isn't set, the default 600 is used. But due to the Update value set to 100, the measure is updated once per 600x100 = 60,000 milliseconds = 60 seconds = 1 minute, which is still too often.
  • The better solution would be to define a not too small value for the UpdateRateSeconds variable, within the [Variables] section. Since the skin uses an update of 100 (not the default 1000), necessary for the smooth animation, set the value of the variable to at least 6000 (UpdateRateSeconds=6000 - or even greater). This value, multiplied by the update value (100) gives 600,000, which means 600 seconds, so 10 minutes. This is an acceptable value, I think.
Please try this solution and let me know if it fixed the issue.
xenium wrote:We reinstalled Rainmeter again, but the same problems are happeningTestCrawlingCode_.rmskin
As I said before a few times, users should avoid the continuous reinstall of Rainmeter. Usually this doesn't fix anything.
xenium

Post by xenium »

balala wrote:I'd say the issue is caused by the UpdateRate=#UpdateRateSeconds# option of the [MeasureName] measure. If the UpdateRateSeconds variable isn't defined in the [Variables] section (and at least in the posted code it isn't), which causes the WebParser measure to be updated too often and this can cause such problems. You have two possibilities:
  • Remove the mentioned option from the [MeasureName] measure. This isn't the best solution, because if the UpdateRate isn't set, the default 600 is used. But due to the Update value set to 100, the measure is updated once per 600x100 = 60,000 milliseconds = 60 seconds = 1 minute, which is still too often.
  • The better solution would be to define a not too small value for the UpdateRateSeconds variable, within the [Variables] section. Since the skin uses an update of 100 (not the default 1000), necessary for the smooth animation, set the value of the variable to at least 6000 (UpdateRateSeconds=6000 - or even greater). This value, multiplied by the update value (100) gives 600,000, which means 600 seconds, so 10 minutes. This is an acceptable value, I think.
Please try this solution and let me know if it fixed the issue.

As I said before a few times, users should avoid the continuous reinstall of Rainmeter. Usually this doesn't fix anything.
:great:
I think this was the solution
I gave the refresh and closed my skin several times and there were no problems
Thank you very much ! :beer:
Lyxavier

Post by Lyxavier »

Would it be possible to get a scrolling text using this skin: https://github.com/alystair/rainmeterWorldclock

I've had a look and I have no clue how to add a clock to the text variable, Would it be possible?

Have a nice day.

-Lyx.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:I think this was the solution
Which one solution did you choose? You removed that option or defined the variable?