Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jn_meter

Re: Run CMD.EXE as Administrator from Rainmeter

Post by jn_meter »

Thanks - I will try this later.
Kurou

Post by Kurou »

I know this thread is old but here is a little work around if you want to run cmd as administrator but without using CMD.exe itself. Just make file e.g. rain-cmd.bat and edit it and paste this code below:

Code: Select all

::	Admin permission
set "params=%*"
cd /d "%~dp0" && ( if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ) && fsutil dirty query %systemdrive% 1>nul 2>nul || (  echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) : UAC.ShellExecute "cmd.exe", "/k cd ""%~sdp0"" && %~s0 %params%", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" && exit /B )>nul
Brought to you by: https://kurou.dev/
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

Kurou: thanks; but we could use explanation of what that code does / how it does it.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Like SilverAzide said, running rainmeter in admin mode will automatically run linked programs in the elevated state.

It works for me for 'almost everything'. That includes PowerShell AND command prompt, when run that way. so the best of both worlds. Elevated state, and no yes/no prompts.

Cannot really see why that requires more in detailed RunCommand inline scripts, since the desired outcome is viable and functional in this method?

So I saw this and saw it was old but the OP chimed in, and I though to add my two cents.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.