It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:59 am

Mirroring Skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Neiromaru

Mirroring Skins

Post by Neiromaru »

I use two monitors and currently have a bunch of rainmeter skins on my primary monitor. I was wondering if there was an easy way to mirror all of my skins onto my second monitor.
My desktop is extended onto the second monitor, bit mirrored, but I'd like all the same skins to appear on both.
thatsIch

Re: Mirroring Skins

Post by thatsIch »

Copy all your skins and paste them into the Skins Folder, I guess.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Correct. You can't have two copies of the same skin loaded at once, so you will need two versions of each. I would recommend putting all your skins into a folder, say "Monitor1" under Skins\ then create a second folder "Monitor2", also under Skins\ and put a copy of the skins you run in each. Then you can load the two versions of each skin, and put them anywhere you want them.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

jsmorley wrote:Correct. You can't have two copies of the same skin loaded at once, so you will need two versions of each. I would recommend putting all your skins into a folder, say "Monitor1" under Skins\ then create a second folder "Monitor2", also under Skins\ and put a copy of the skins you run in each. Then you can load the two versions of each skin, and put them anywhere you want them.
This would create an issue if any of the skins used were to try and take advantage of the @Resources or @Fonts folder.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

smurfier wrote: This would create an issue if any of the skins used were to try and take advantage of the @Resources or @Fonts folder.
Yeah, while I would not do so myself, you could always just leave things "flat", and if you are using a skin "Skins\MyWeather\Weather.ini" you can just just copy that as "Skins\MyWeather2\Weather.ini" and then dealing with @Resources will be less complicated.
Neiromaru

Post by Neiromaru »

Thanks for the replies! I was kind of hoping there might be an easy way to copy them over, preserving their placement (the screens have the same resolution), but I guess I'll just do it manually.
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

To preserve placement, duplicate the settings in Rainmeter.ini, change the headings as you changed the folder names, and just put @2 at the end of every WindowX= and WindowY=.

Code: Select all

WindowX=50@2
WindowY=100R@2
Count Smirnoff

Post by Count Smirnoff »

I couldn't figure out the 2nd skins folder suggestion so within the skins folder I
- created a new folder
- renamed it to the same as the skin I wanted to copy + mirror eg. clock mirror
- copied all the files and folders under the original skin folder to my mirror folder
- refreshed the skin list using the rainmeter ui

Works perfectly. Took all of about 2 mins to implement.

Hope this helps.