It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:02 pm

Skins in fullscreen video/game

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
aston

Skins in fullscreen video/game

Post by aston »

Hi!

I'm making my own Rainmeter skin. The goal is to have a basic parameters of the computer performace (CPU, RAM, etc.) always on screen, even if any window is maximize (just like a speedometer in car) :).

I decided to rise Windows taskbar and put meters with "Stay topmost" position on it. It's look briliant for me (http://www29.speedyshare.com/xHjqq/download/taskbar.png) but it also have a annoying issue - when I watching fullscreen video (YouTube, .avi file, doesn't matter) or play a fullscreen games, meters didn't dissappear.

The basic solution for my problem is quite simple - change metes to "Normal" or "Topmost" - but it didn't work, because then Windows taskbar is covering all my meters. So I must keep "Stay topmost" position.

I googled two addidional solutions:
1. Use a RainGame (http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10354), which kills Rainmeter.exe and restores it on user demand. Nice, but requires two additional click, always after I play video or run game :D
2. Use a "Process" plugin. I add following measure:

Code: Select all

[KMplayer]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=KMPlayer.exe
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=!ZPos "2"
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=!ZPos "0"
which changes position of meters to "Normal" when KMPlayer is running. This is much more automated solution, but: 1) I need to add all of games in single measures (and remove when I uninstall some), 2) there is still problem with YouTube - Adobe Flash don't creates separate process for film and I can't add web browser process to this exception.

Can you help me solve my fullscreen problem? Do you know any other solutions? I wonder if the Rainmeter could detect that some application enters in fullscreen mode and changes "Stay topmost" to "Normal"... Is this possible?
killall-q

Re: Skins in fullscreen video/game

Post by killall-q »

You could make a screen edge button to bring skins topmost when you need them. I have a lua function here that can toggle a skin between 2 Z positions on click. Call the function with this:

Code: Select all

[!CommandMeasure MeasureScript ToggleZPos('Suite\\Config',2,-2)]
aston

Post by aston »

killall-q wrote:You could make a screen edge button to bring skins topmost when you need them. I have a lua function here that can toggle a skin between 2 Z positions on click. Call the function with this:
Hey, nice solution! I like it! It's a good substitute of RainGame, cause it doesn't turn off Rainmeter completely.
However, it still requires clicking. It dream about something (meter? script?) which detect that some application entered to fullscreen and automatically set "Normal" position to my skin and back to "Stay topmost" when fullscreen is off. How do you think, is it possible or I require to much? :)
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

Hmm, if you are trying to reserve desktop space for skins, perhaps you can try one of these solutions that doesn't require setting your skins to topmost?

Is there any way to have windows interact with the taskbar?
aston

Post by aston »

DesktopWorkArea doesn't work property with classic Win7 style - it covers opened windows list: Image

BUT, I think I have found a solution of my problem :)
I placed Rainmeter shortcut on desktop with !Toggle "My skin" option and added a keyborad shortcut to it (e.g. Alt+]). It allows me to hide/unhide my skin with one fast move, even if any game or movie is turned on.

Thank you, killall-q, for your help!
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Hi all :welcome:
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post.

I have created this beautiful Rainmeter skin which uses the Hotkey plugin together with Nircmd to make a macro string for games. It works like a charm in the windows environment (Like a text editor). But as soon as i maximize the game, nothing happens when i hit the hotkey.

I suspect that Rainmeter is not active when a full screen application is maximized.
My code is as follows:

[Variables]
nircmd=#@#\Addons\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe
M1D1=1000
Macro1pt1=m

[Key1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HotKey
HotKey=#Key1#
KeyDownAction=[#nircmd# cmdwait #M1D1# sendkeypress #Macro1Pt1#]

Returns the letter m in text editor but not in the game. (M should open a menu in-game)

I tried this line of code also, to play a sound for testing.
And it also only works when game is minimized :-(
KeyDownAction=[#nircmd# mediaplay 10000 "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music\Bad Habits _ Tory Lanez Type Beat.mp3"]

Can i bring Rainmeter on top of the full screen game?
Why is Rainmeter not listening to keypresses when a full screen app is maxed?
Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Michael.
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

No application can overlay on top of a fullscreen program, unless it hooks into the graphics renderer like Overwolf does.

Simply set your game to windowed or borderless fullscreen.
Ingan121

Post by Ingan121 »

killall-q wrote: January 24th, 2016, 11:33 pm No application can overlay on top of a fullscreen program, unless it hooks into the graphics renderer like Overwolf does.

Simply set your game to windowed or borderless fullscreen.
This is now possible thanks to the fullscreen optimization, but it requires patching Rainmeter.
Instructions are here: https://github.com/Ingan121/FocusPreventer/blob/master/UIAccessPatch.md
After patching, set position to topmost and use my FocusPreventer program to allow interaction without minimizing the game.
(Put the skin .ini file path to title textbox then click the Do button next to the box.)
Ingan121

Post by Ingan121 »

dvo wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:33 am it's saying it's untested ... so test it and as it does it does... :oops:
Rainmeter is tested working, as seen in the screenshot in FocusPreventer page. I meant programs other than Rainmeter are untested.
Ingan121

Post by Ingan121 »

dvo wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:33 am it's saying it's untested ... so test it and as it does it does... :oops:
>>>>>>>>>> Use Rainmeter (or any other application, untested yet) <<<<<<<<<<<..................... :o this is not saying it's tested
it's saying use any .... ..not tested
This is Rainmeter forum, not “any other application” forum.
“any other application” is untested yet as there are so many applications out there.
Rainmeter is tested working properly as seen in the screenshot below. (That clock, network/battery, and music thing on the top is Rainmeter.)

+) I’m not using it for hotkeys, just for displaying those information and controlling music player while gaming in fullscreen.