Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
3m0-swag

Re: Active skins?

Post by 3m0-swag »

wait nvm yur idea is much better but i still wanna know how to do it
alexandeu

Post by alexandeu »

3m0-swag wrote:yeah i dont mind c: send me a link oh and i was wondering, i wanted to make it screenwidth minus 5px but i dont know how, i need help on that :/
Just make it

Code: Select all

W=(#ScreenAreaWidth#-5)
Use Parenthesis "(" , ")" when you want it to be calculated.

Go ahead and do yourself a solid by reading the Docs at Rainmeter's website,
there is actually so many things you'd find fascinating.

I'm constantly finding things where I go
"WOW, I didn't know I could do that!" or
"If I could just get this to...then that means...OMG, I just got the greatest idea EVER."

A good way to build your skins is to hack and cut through other people's code and skins.

Just make a copy of their skin in the same folder, and just trash it.
Refresh that copied skin and see each time you refresh, what you're doing to it.
It's so fun when you finally find the key that solves your frustration of not getting it to work.
3m0-swag

Post by 3m0-swag »

lol thats exactly what i do, i actually got the "organs" of my skin from that show hide button on omnimo(i think it was omnimo) and i look threw the site alot actually i just couldnt find that, but i found this thing where i guess you can make groups in your skin draggable, i been wanting to learn that cuz im making a skin and it works exactly like explorer.exe(except you cant drag stuff into it sadly esc, also i got the "organs" from that skin from DC2 but mine works better looks better and acts better)

But anyway i been wanting to learn that so i can have every meter except a specific one named [Drag] not draggable..Here it has some bugs but heres what i got so far.

Also i tested your version of my skin and its awesome but i noticed the "Hide taskbar" option doesnt work, i wanna fix that somehow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexandeu

Post by alexandeu »

Do you have an extra plugin called "FileListPlugin.dll"?
Cuz most people don't have that.
3m0-swag

Post by 3m0-swag »

Yeah, i thought everybody had that o-o
aye but if you have a facebook add me. Joseph Steinruck or just click the link
https://www.facebook.com/Cookie.Nibbler
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

alexandeu wrote:Do you have an extra plugin called "FileListPlugin.dll"?
Cuz most people don't have that.
You should stay away from the FileList plugin as it has numerous bugs and can corrupt the way your system draws certain controls. Plus it is not threaded, meaning it blocks Rainmeter execution while it is running.

I would suggest using the FileView plugin that is included with Rainmeter. It is really similar to FileList, but different in a lot of ways under the hood.

-Brian
alexandeu

Post by alexandeu »

You should stay away from the FileList plugin as it has numerous bugs and can corrupt the way your system draws certain controls. Plus it is not threaded, meaning it blocks Rainmeter execution while it is running.

I would suggest using the FileView plugin that is included with Rainmeter. It is really similar to FileList, but different in a lot of ways under the hood.

-Brian
That's probably why it's not popular, and why I don't have it.