It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:47 pm

Hovering over a parallelogram?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Fluxx

Hovering over a parallelogram?

Post by Fluxx »

I have been trying to create a skin where there are many parallelogram shaped images next to each other and each image can be clicked on to open an application/file. However, I quickly ran into a problem because the images are right next to each other. Because Rainmeter detects for the mouse to be over a rectangle (the images are rectangles with transparent backgrounds), two images are always selected. While the mouse isn't hovering over one of the images, it is technically within the x/y coordinates that bound the image.
I have tried using a transformation matrix and an invisible rectangle that I could hide under the image, but when using MouseOverAction for that, MouseOverAction only works when the mouse is over the pre-transformed rectangle.

How do I make it such that MouseOver/MouseLeave/MouseDown/MouseUp work when the mouse is within a parallelogram shape instead of a rectangular shape?

EDIT: I tried changing the meter from image to button but the same thing is still happening

EDIT2: Nevermind, I got it. Ignore this post.
In case for others who had this problem, you can't make all the buttons in one .ini file. They all have to be in different files. At least that's how I fixed it