It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:55 am

To create a Night/Day clock with 2 skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: To create a Night/Day clock with 2 skins

Post by jsmorley »

videorfeak, The only problem is that there is no such Rainmeter plugin as timedate.cpl

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins
videorfeak

Post by videorfeak »

moshi wrote:just try this (without anything of your code, you can add that later):

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=1
Update=100

[Count]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((Counter %21)+1)

[DayNight]
Measure=Time
Format=%H
Substitute="00":"night","01":"day","02":"day","03":"day","04":"day","05":"day","06":"day","07":"day","08":"day","09":"day","10":"day","11":"day","12":"day","13":"day","14":"day","15":"day","16":"day","17":"night","18":"night","19":"night","20":"night","21":"night","22":"night","23":"night"

[Image]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#@#ImagesFrames\[DayNight][Count].png"
DynamicVariables=1
:? forget about that. not to be rude, but this is plain nonsense.
Thank you, I tried your suggestion and the right animations display at the right times however the animations keep flashing on and off the screen every other second. i have tried messing with the +1 in the formula because that's how I got the animations in my buttons to work for me. So now i am just trying to find a way to get the animation to stay constant. I tried using the @Include command to do the counting to try and fix the problem and the animation worked just as it is working without it. Still trying to play around with numbers and am going through the documents section to see if I can find a way to get the animation to stay constant. Other than that I can easily get the text part of the clock to work.

@jsmorley: thanks for the tip, I didn't know it had to be a .dll to be a plugin, I just was reading up on the windows special files and folders and it said that was the system clock so I thought I could connect the system clock to it.

@everyone, thank you for having patience with me.
moshi

Post by moshi »

from your own post i was guessing your animation would have 21 frames. that might be wrong. please post a screenshot of the folder where the images are in.
videorfeak

Post by videorfeak »

I have the Day pictures and the Night pictures in the same folder, the day pictures consist of 11 frames and the night pictures consist of 10 frames making there be a total of 21 frames. i have also uploaded the picture as an attachment just in case the link did not work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Brian on February 8th, 2013, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed duplicate image.
moshi

Post by moshi »

well, no. that does not make a total of 21 frames. that makes a total of 10 frames at night or 11 frames at day.
try this (again without any of your code or modifications, add that later):

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=1
Update=100

[Count]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((Counter %[DayNight2])+1)
DynamicVariables=1

[DayNight]
Measure=Time
Format=%H
Substitute="00":"night","01":"day","02":"day","03":"day","04":"day","05":"day","06":"day","07":"day","08":"day","09":"day","10":"day","11":"day","12":"day","13":"day","14":"day","15":"day","16":"day","17":"night","18":"night","19":"night","20":"night","21":"night","22":"night","23":"night"

[DayNight2]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((Counter %2)+1)
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.+)$":"[DayNight]","day":"11","night":"10"
DynamicVariables=1

[Image]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#@#ImagesFrames\[DayNight][Count].png"
DynamicVariables=1
videorfeak

Post by videorfeak »

Thank you, its working correctly now. Sorry if I didn't word my comments clearly enough. Now I am going to play around to try to image size adjust. The night Image needs to be bigger and the day image needs to be smaller. I'm going to go through the help documents and see what coding I need to put in, if I had to I could always just go to the actual frame files and save them at the right dimensions. Again, thank you.

Update: Fixed issue with not being able to leave right half of screen, just optimizing the font, font color, and font size. Thanks all for your help.
cantidog

Post by cantidog »

Kind of a random thought related to all of this, but would there to be a way to use sunrise/sunset information to change the day/night images instead? My coding knowledge is quite limited, but I imagine the actual amount of coding needed would be a bit hefty...
moshi

Post by moshi »

if you are interested in this, i may point you to the thread you are posting in. I explained how to do this in an earlier reply.
cantidog

Post by cantidog »

Sorry! I'll read through again now that I don't have any distractions.
scorpius

Post by scorpius »

moshi wrote: February 5th, 2013, 11:05 am

This may be unique to my setup, but, just in case, I found that the ws.geonames.org site wasn't working. Instead, according to their site documentation, the correct usage is api.geonames.org. Perhaps the "ws" was legacy or the change just took. Now, everything works for the world clocks.

GeoNames TimeZone doc: http://www.geonames.org/export/web-services.html#timezone
Sample link: http://api.geonames.org/timezone?lat=47.01&lng=10.2&username=demo