It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:11 pm

Nesting square brackets in actions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Nesting square brackets in actions

Post by balala »

Honimoura wrote:However when you said to add "Config-Of-The-Scan-Skin" it is just the name of the file that scan the folder in question? (Here "ScanLNK.ini") or the path? or both?
No, the config isn't the skin file (.ini file), but the folder where this file is placed, starting from the Skins folder. Maybe it is a bit confusing, but it's a completely functional syntax.
Eg, if your .ini file is C:\Users\Honimoura\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\[color=#009900]Boutons\Games\Menu[/color]\ScanLNK.ini, then the appropriate config is Boutons\Games\Menu. Accordingly the !CommandMeasure bang would be [!CommandMeasure "#MeasureFolderLNK#" "PageDown" "Boutons\Games\Menu"], respectively [!CommandMeasure "#MeasureFolderLNK#" "PageUp" "Boutons\Games\Menu"].
Details:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Honimoura wrote:If you wish I can send you everything but I do not know how to do it. Do not worry, there are 3 files.ini but not very big.
Would be much much easier. Please do so.
For this, pack the whole root config (the Boutons folder, under Skins, if I'm not mistaken - anyway, the first folder under the Skins folder, which contains deeper the needed .ini files) and if the package isn't too large, you can upload it directly here on the forum. When you edit your reply, find the Options and Attachments tabs below the Save draft / Preview / Submit buttons, click Attachments and click the Add files button, to upload the packed file.
If on the other hand the package become too large, upload it to any file host site (like FileFactory.com - but there are many others, too) and post the link.
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

Thank you, but in doubt I tried with the file .ini and after with the path from "Honimura" but none of them seems to work. I think the problem comes from "[! Update # RAC #" Bouttons \ Games \ Menu "]"

But I will try to send everything to you with this post.
Do not be afraid, however, of a beginner's code ^^

So big ... arf.
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

On the other hand there are no shortcuts because they are not in the skin folder, I use them in time as simple shortcuts.
I have add them here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'm not very sure. Which skin should I have to load? What should have to happen? Please detail a bit...
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

The only skin to load is "WMP.ini" which is the button (not thought renamed the file)
This one displays a button with a gif of farcry 4

When you press it 1 time it opens the "panel.ini" (menu) with 6 pictures on the left and 6 pictures on the right, two arrows on the bottom and a circle (power) between the arrows.

However, there will be only arrows and round for you because the scans will not find the shortcuts, because you have no folder "c: \ honimura \ documents \ shortcuts \ games \"

So that you understand I will make you 2 screenshoots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

As you can see, it works.
By clicking on the button you close the "menu".

I'm just trying to do that by clicking on the arrows, the scans go from 1-12 to 13-24 and 25-36
Then inversely with the other arrow.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

First and probably most important issue: the Plugin options of all 36 FileView plugin measures ([LNK1] - [LNK36]) in the ScanLNK.ini skin, are wrong. You have there Plugin=FileView[color=#FF0000]1[/color], instead of Plugin=FileView. There is the same issue into the Calcule.ini file, just the plugin name here is miswritten as FileView3. Also remove the number, letting just Plugin=FileView.

If you fix these, the needed actions still won't work I think, because although the ScanLNK.ini and Calcule.ini files are included into Panel.ini, the parent FileView plugin measures ([MeasureFolderLNK] and [CalculeLNKtoEXTIMG1], accordingly) can't be controlled from the Panel.ini. I'd recommend to move the whole content of both files, ScanLNK.ini and Calcule.ini, to Panel.ini. Because these two files have no meters, just measures, you can simply copy all those measures and paste them anywhere into the Panel.ini file, along with the existing variables, which have to be copied into the Variables section.
If you did so, remove the Config (the last) parameter of the !CommandMeasure bangs, in the LeftMouseUpAction options of the [Arrow1] and [Arrow2] meters.

One more issue: there nowhere isn't set the value of the MeasureFolderLNK and MeasureFolderEXTIMG variables. Due to this, the !CommandMeasure bangs of the LeftMouseUpAction options of the [Arrow1] and [Arrow2] meters still don't work. I'm not sure why have you used there variables, but I'd replace those variables with the measure names, using the following two options accordingly:

Code: Select all

[Arrow1]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFolderLNK" "PageDown"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureFolderEXTIMG" "PageDown"]

[Arrow2]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureFolderLNK" "PageUp"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureFolderEXTIMG" "PageUp"]
Please try to implement all this and let me know if did help.
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

Thank you for looking into my problem (s).

The plugin = Fileview1 / 2/3 is voluntary because fileview can not be used at the same time to analyze two different things, I tried and both give me the result of a single analysis instead of both. So I copied, pasted and renamed the plugin to have it 3 times. As each analysis uses his ptopre plugin without disturbing his neighbor.

I also came to the same conclusion, put it all in the same file.ini but I really wanted to train with the variables and I'm crazy. I like everything to be tidy for me to know or search without difficulty.

But if, as you say, there is no other solution, then I would do so.