It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:59 pm

WebParser Login?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
arbrown

WebParser Login?

Post by arbrown »

Recently discovered Rainmeter, and after a few days of messing around with the "easy" stuff, I decided to bite off more than I can chew. I wanted to have a display of my current fantasy football score (and the score of my opponent), so I put together what I thought would do the trick. Here's the WebParser code I had:

Code: Select all

[MeasureFantasyScore]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=30000
Url="http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/scoreboard?leagueId=198429"
RegExp="(?siU)<table class="ptsBased matchup">(.*)</table>"
Unfortunately, I'm getting an error message in my log file when I debug (matching error -1). Did a webparser dump and it looks like the problem is stemming from the fact that the website (ESPN) is looking for a login.

From what I've found, I don't think I'm able to do what I'm looking for, because the url doesn't have the login info in it, but since I'm new to this I was hoping that I may have missed something , and hoping to get a second opinion from some of the more experienced Rainmeter-ers out there.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: WebParser Login?

Post by jsmorley »

arbrown wrote:Recently discovered Rainmeter, and after a few days of messing around with the "easy" stuff, I decided to bite off more than I can chew. I wanted to have a display of my current fantasy football score (and the score of my opponent), so I put together what I thought would do the trick. Here's the WebParser code I had:

Code: Select all

[MeasureFantasyScore]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=30000
Url="http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/scoreboard?leagueId=198429"
RegExp="(?siU)<table class="ptsBased matchup">(.*)</table>"
Unfortunately, I'm getting an error message in my log file when I debug (matching error -1). Did a webparser dump and it looks like the problem is stemming from the fact that the website (ESPN) is looking for a login.

From what I've found, I don't think I'm able to do what I'm looking for, because the url doesn't have the login info in it, but since I'm new to this I was hoping that I may have missed something , and hoping to get a second opinion from some of the more experienced Rainmeter-ers out there.
Unfortunately probably not unless there is a way to pass the login and password in the URL with parameters like you can with GMail. WebParser does not have cookie support, and every connection from WebParser to the site is a new session.
arbrown

Post by arbrown »

Unfortunately probably not unless there is a way to pass the login and password in the URL with parameters like you can with GMail. WebParser does not have cookie support, and every connection from WebParser to the site is a new session.
Wow, thanks for the quick response! Yeah, I figured I might be SOL, but I didn't realize there was a way to pass parameters in the URL with GMail. When I log into the ESPN through the login page, the URL seems to flash to a longer (login?) URL before redirecting me to the URL I was logging into. Haven't been able to read any of this longer URL because it changes so quickly.

Not sure if this is similar to the GMail login, but I guess I can have a look at the GMail code and see if something like that would work.

Thanks again for the help.
Samus Aran

Post by Samus Aran »

Make a screenshot of the long URL and look through it in Paint ;)
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Samus Aran wrote:Make a screenshot of the long URL and look through it in Paint ;)
Or just, stop the update before the page changes. :P
arbrown

Post by arbrown »

Chewtoy wrote: Or just, stop the update before the page changes. :P

I don't follow...how would I stop the update?
BetaKiller

Post by BetaKiller »

I was thinking if it is possible to update Enigma Gmail Reader so that when you click the email title in the list it would login directly without having to do it manually after opening the browser
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

arbrown wrote:
I don't follow...how would I stop the update?
Press the X-button (in your web browser. In Firefox it's right next to the update-button) when the page loads so the update stops. This would leave the URL alone, as the redirecting is stoped.
CodePadawan

Post by CodePadawan »

If the website you are trying to login supports "Basic Authentication" (as gmail does) you can use the form:

https://USERNAME:PASSWORD@YOURDOMAIN.COM

eg.

https://bobama:change12345@whitehouse.org