It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:14 am

Mass Effect Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins

Mass Effect Skin

Post by cron »

Hello everyone, extremely new here. I just set up the mass effect skin now I have some trouble editing. I want to edit what is on my Launcher and I am not too sure how to go about doing that. I just want to add websites the Launcher so if anyone can help that would be much appreciated.
Vagnarok

Re: Mass Effect Skin

Post by Vagnarok »

Hello, I'm having the same problem. If anyone needs more info, the skin we're trying to use is located here: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/86028

The main problem that I'm having is figuring out WHERE to put the names for the buttons and the appropriate spot for the file pathways. I'm not a coder and never will be (I'm a hardware guy through and through) but I'll make an effort to learn the basics!

I was thinking that the place to alter the coding would be in the launcher.ini file, but when I look through the document I don't see anything that jumps out as "PUT THE PATHWAY HERE YOU IDIOT." If you need more info to help us out please ask. However I'm going off to bed now and won't be up for awhile.

Thanks for the help
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

The skin author did not do a very good job pointing out how to change your options. I had to do some exploring to find them.

Right-click on the Launcher skin, and click the first menu item - Mass Effect\Launcher, in bold. This will open the skin folder in Explorer. In this folder, you will find a file called "Applications.txt". At the very bottom of this file, you will find the settings that control each button's label and path:

Code: Select all

ButtonTopLeft="Computer"
ButtonTopLeftPath=::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

ButtonTopRight="Network"
ButtonTopRightPath=::{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}

ButtonLeft1="Uruloki"
ButtonLeft1Path=C:\Users\Óðóëîêè

ButtonRight1="Control Panel"
ButtonRight1Path=::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002b30309d}

ButtonLeft2="Documents"
ButtonLeft2Path=::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}

ButtonRight2="The Bat"
ButtonRight2Path="C:\Program Files (x86)\The Bat!\thebat.exe"

ButtonLeft3="Downloads"
ButtonLeft3Path=shell:Downloads

ButtonRight3="Opera"
ButtonRight3Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\opera.exe

ButtonLeft4="Music"
ButtonLeft4Path=shell:MusicLibrary
Make whatever changes you want, then save, and refresh the skin (right-click, "Refresh skin") to apply your changes.
Vagnarok

Post by Vagnarok »

Excellent! After seeing your post and doing my customization, I tried to get rid of the "settings" button on his UI. I then realized that that button was where you told me to make those changes... <_<;;
Thanks for the help!
druidfox20

Post by druidfox20 »

So I found the proper file, but whenever I try to change the name and paths nothing changes on the skin after refreshing or restarting rainmeter. Any suggestions?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

druidfox20 wrote:So I found the proper file, but whenever I try to change the name and paths nothing changes on the skin after refreshing or restarting rainmeter. Any suggestions?
Are you sure? If you change just one or more Path variable(s) (like ButtonTopLeftPath, ButtonTopRightPath and so on), you won't see anything changed, but when click the changed button, the new action should be executed. And if you also change some of the ButtonTopLeft, ButtonTopRight variables (and so on), you should see the change immediately after a refresh (seeing the newly set name on the appropriate buttons).
You don't need to restart Rainmeter, just to refresh the Launcher skin.
If you don't succeed, please post the newly set values of the ButtonTopLeft, ButtonTopLeftPath, ButtonTopRight, ButtonLeft1, ButtonRight1, ButtonRight1Path, ButtonLeft2, ButtonLeft2Path, ButtonRight2, ButtonRight2Path, ButtonLeft3, ButtonLeft3Path, ButtonRight3, ButtonRight3Path, ButtonLeft4 and ButtonLeft4Path variables, from the Applications.txt file.